Windows 10: Odd sound now computer runs slow

Discus and support Odd sound now computer runs slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was lifting up my laptop today off a desk when there was a weird sound as if something broke in it and since then my computer has been significantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DylanPorter, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Odd sound now computer runs slow

I was lifting up my laptop today off a desk when there was a weird sound as if something broke in it and since then my computer has been significantly slower when i ran games i used to be able to get around 30-50 fps but now i only get 2-5 fps

:)

DylanPorter, Oct 22, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Oct 22, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 22, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Odd sound now computer runs slow

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Odd sound now computer runs slow :p

cadaveca, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Odd sound now computer runs slow

1. Odd sound now computer runs slow - Similar Threads - Odd sound computer

2. Games are running slow now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are running slow now: HiRecently I have been having issues with my pc, basically, first my psu was fried a few months back and now my hard drive is acting weird or it's my pc, it acts likes my hard drive doesn't exist, I don't really know what the problem is, but when I flip my pc sideways,...
  3. Games are running slow now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are running slow now: HiRecently I have been having issues with my pc, basically, first my psu was fried a few months back and now my hard drive is acting weird or it's my pc, it acts likes my hard drive doesn't exist, I don't really know what the problem is, but when I flip my pc sideways,...
  4. Games are running slow now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  6. Slow running computer

Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  7. Computer got a BSOD and is now running very slow

Computer got a BSOD and is now running very slow: My computer recently got a BSOD, after i reinstalled windows my computer started running very slow and i don’t know why, is there any way i could fix it?...
  8. computer running slow

computer running slow: My computer is running really slow. i think it might have unnecessary programs running in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/eb81b1ff-9aa4-4f57-9621-8b196bd392ef
  9. computer running slow

computer running slow: im running windows 10 on a hp laptop, and with all the system updates and everything running smoothly and I might add, I do clear my caches, browsing history, have plenty of disk space, am not running unnecessary apps in background, and yet, when I try to play any uploaded...
  10. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b