Windows 10: Odd sound played at startup

Discus and support Odd sound played at startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! For the past couple of days i've been hearing this odd 8 bit style sound playing at startup:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mihu_WTF_FTW, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Odd sound played at startup

Mihu_WTF_FTW, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Odd sound played at startup

Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Odd sound played at startup

1. Odd sound played at startup - Similar Threads - Odd sound played

2. Word/Excel opening on startup, odd?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word/Excel opening on startup, odd?: When I use Word or Excel one day, and when I've finished on my pc for the day and shut down. The next day when I switch the PC on, a blank Word or Excel sheet (whichever I used last the day before) will open on up on my screen on startup without me touching anything. Is this...
  3. No sound playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound playing: I have my acer vivobook connect to my lg tv with my hdmi cord. I know the cord works because it works with my xbox. However when i connect my cord with my comptuer the video works but the sound doesnt. The only time the sound works it when i do the sound test. I have tried...
  4. Odd Windows loud Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Windows loud Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  5. Odd Windows Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Windows Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  6. Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP": Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the selected WindowsLogon sound on the select screen, and plays when [>TEST] button pressed. The "Play Windows Startup sound" is...
  7. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....
  8. Sound muted at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound muted at startup: Since I installed Windows 10, whenever I start my laptop the sound is muted by default. It doesn't happen with a restart, only when starting after a shut down. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know it's a first world problem, but it's annoying. 32520
  9. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355
  10. Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162): Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (build 10130) in a virtual machine and I noticed that the startup sound wasn't playing. The box for "Play startup sound" is checked in the Sound control panel, and I even checked imageres.dll to see if the startup sound was still there. (it...