Windows 10: Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge

Discus and support Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've noticed this odd text display on some sites, but not all, websites using Google Chrome. MS Edge displays the same text correctly. I also use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GARoss, Jul 14, 2016.

1. GARoss Win User

Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge

I've noticed this odd text display on some sites, but not all, websites using Google Chrome. MS Edge displays the same text correctly. I also use Chromium browser on Ubuntu Linux which displays correctly as well. The website is Canonwatch. The font will display a single "f" okay but not double "ff"s. It seem to be a text bloggers type in, not the webpage's standard font.
    Anyways, just seems weird. Any ideas?

Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge [​IMG]

:)

GARoss, Jul 14, 2016

2. Setting default browser for youtube and more...

You can't set a default browser in windows 10 mobile other than edge. As for Chrome, Google hates windows phone and doesn't develop apps for it.

To increase size of texts and media for sites, open edge>settings>reading font view size(change it).

You can also change the size of texts allover the phone by adjusting the DPI(settings>system>display) or increase text size in settings>accessibility.

Stranger_Hanyo, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Losing Favorites In Edge?

Interesting development. I imported my IE favorites to Google Chrome then I imported the Chrome favorites into Edge. Guess what. I started loosing some of the same Favorites from the Chrome import to Edge as the IE import to Edge.

That seems really odd.

GeneArquilla, Jul 14, 2016
  4. GARoss Win User

Things like this drives me crazy. I'll beat my head into a wall until I find an answer. No need for medics, I found an answer to my question. *Wink

I have no idea how to setup a webpage but I played with Inspect trying to understand. Using Inspect on this webpage under Styles I noticed a line that said font-family: inherit. When I used Chrome's Font Changer extension to override to a different font the new font was listed next to font-family instead of "inherit".

When seeing this I did some searches & found it recommended how to find the inherit font would be under Computed which stated / font-family: & listed "Helvetica Neue", arial, sans-serif as fonts. I remembered that I installed Helvetica Neue Bold on my PC long before trying Chrome. And, the font did have a bold look to it. Perhaps Helvetica Neue Normal would've displayed properly but I only had bold installed. After uninstalling Helvetica Neue Bold the font at this website displayed correctly.

I also checked MS Edge & it also listed the same inherit font options as Chrome did. Why it didn't use Helvetica Neue Bold I have no idea. I'm just glad I figured it out. Now I can stop beating my head! *Wink

GARoss, Jul 16, 2016
  5. GARoss Win User
    Here's a followup; I found this explanation to the Helvetica Neue issue with Chrome.

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge - Similar Threads - Odd text size

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  5. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  6. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  7. Google Chrome Broken Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Broken Text: Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, or at least asking a question on it, and it's not even about my computer. My mother has a Lenovo running Win10, and recently, as in today, Google Chrome starting acting up. The only issue thus far is that when using the browser, the...
  8. Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct?

in Browsers and Email
    Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct?: I have an odd issue with some fonts on the Chrome browser, but only when on a few websites, where some of the fonts look shorter than they should but when using the Edge browser all looks fine. In my attached example it is the lower case "f"s that are too short. There must be...
  9. MS Edge theme for Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge theme for Chrome?: I really Like the look and feel of Edge but the lack or extensions and apps has stopped me from moving from chrome, are there any chrome themes that make it look like edge?? *Smile tia 14960
  10. MS Edge - Blurry Text

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge - Blurry Text: Decided to give Edge a proper go to see if I could get used to it. I'm actually quite liking it as it transpires, apart from one irritating issue: The text looks very blurry when compared with Chrome. I thought initially it was a "Clear Type" issue, but toggling Clear Type...