Windows 10: Odd thing on windows start menu

Discus and support Odd thing on windows start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zaku_555, May 15, 2022.

1. Zaku_555 Win User

Odd thing on windows start menu

I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?

:)

Zaku_555, May 15, 2022
  2. KeithM Win User

Odd Start Menu Behaviour

Settings > Personalization > Start > Show more tiles on Start

Odd thing on windows start menu [​IMG]

• Off: Three columns of tiles:

• On: Four columns of tiles:

KeithM, May 15, 2022
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 15, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Odd thing on windows start menu - Similar Threads - Odd thing start

2. Odd black bar on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd black bar on start menu: Pretty much as the image shows. It tends to go away after a few open/close actions but what really has me puzzled is that this behaviour happened on my previous computer, but I just bought a new computer. Until I signed in with my Microsoft account it worked as normal. After...
  3. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  4. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  5. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  6. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  7. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Odd Start Menu Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Start Menu Behaviour: Hi, In addition to the odd behaviour of shortcuts on one machine (detailed in this thread: Odd problem with shortcut) I also have this oddity. The laptop has a start menu that is wide enough to fit 4 large 'live tiles' (?) side by side or 8 small tiles. The desktop has a...
  9. Windows does odd things

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows does odd things: So I just spent the last 2 days sorting all my files and housekeeping, this involved a lot of deletions and organising in to folders, then creating backups across 2 external HDD's and several USB flash drives. Once I had finished I started to poke around and found this in...
  10. Odd Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Windows 10 Start Menu: I did a pc refresh on Windows 10. I installed a few drivers and software. After a few restarts i noticed these changes, Blurry start menu tiles,grey font and (sometimes) darkened tiles. Is there a reason why this happened? [img] I also have an Intel HD Graphics 5500...