Windows 10: Odd Verification Code Issue

Discus and support Odd Verification Code Issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my little sister got a laptop for Christmas, and I said I'd set it up for her. I didn't have any issue with the actual set up of the laptop, setting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TrevorJ13, Dec 28, 2020.

1. TrevorJ13 Win User

Odd Verification Code Issue

So my little sister got a laptop for Christmas, and I said I'd set it up for her. I didn't have any issue with the actual set up of the laptop, setting up an account for her in the process, but afterwards, I was trying to turn off S mode so I could install Google Chrome. I got logged in with my dad's account, linked the two accounts as parent/kid, and enabled some parental controls, then went to continue managing S mode. I expected to have to do the usual verification code procedure with my sister's account, and I had planned to choose the option to send the code to my phone number. It didn't give me that option. I only had the option available to send it to her email address that I had just made. This is where I'm having my issue. I can't log in to her email with out the verification code, and the code is in her inbox. It's sending the code to an inbox that I can't access without the code...

I've already contacted Windows Support and received nothing too useful. I was referred to account recovery, but I was told I didn't have enough valid information to gain access to the account. I can't do anything else with the account to create more information to submit because I can't access that verification code. Comes full circle, and I'm stumped.

:)

TrevorJ13, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

Security info & security codes.

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Issue with verification code

Hello Michelina, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I recommend that you refer to the article:

‘Microsoft account security info & verification codes’, section Troubleshooting verification code issues'

https://support.microsoft.com/help/12428/micros...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

verification code

Hi Cameron,

The information that you have provided is broad to distinguish the concern. We would like to know more details about the issue for better assistance.

• What activity are you trying to do that needs a verification code?
    • Where did you enter the new email address?
    • Are you trying to change your password?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Odd Verification Code Issue - Similar Threads - Odd Verification Code

2. Verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification code: Hi,I have been waiting a couple hours with no reply of a verification code to access my computer this is serious as I could fail a course I am doing without this code as it gives me access to all of my school work. I need this code ASAP to get my work completed....
  3. Verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verification code: Hi,I have been waiting a couple hours with no reply of a verification code to access my computer this is serious as I could fail a course I am doing without this code as it gives me access to all of my school work. I need this code ASAP to get my work completed....
  4. verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verification code: Im on my laptop and it ask me to get verification code on my email however when I try to do the process I wait for couple of minutes and never getting the code.I'm afraid to redo the process since im afraid that my account will be lock out....
  5. verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verification code: Im on my laptop and it ask me to get verification code on my email however when I try to do the process I wait for couple of minutes and never getting the code.I'm afraid to redo the process since im afraid that my account will be lock out....
  6. Verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification code: My verification code by sms didnt arrive for 12 hour, what should i do? Icant login to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification-code/864a0f4b-66a5-4e26-97a3-ef7a63431f14
  7. Verification code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verification code: My verification code by sms didnt arrive for 12 hour, what should i do? Icant login to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification-code/864a0f4b-66a5-4e26-97a3-ef7a63431f14
  8. verification code

verification code: I keep getting a Microsoft verification code on my phone but I do not know what is supposed to be verifying. How do I discover that information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification-code/6572ac04-f6b8-4554-8ca8-3c9bf24a6871
  9. Verification codes

Verification codes: Hello,i am receiving verification codes sometimes without me sign in. It is someone trying to get into my account or is just a glitch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification-codes/33ee5789-4a56-47d8-b947-098b3790d0ef
  10. CODE VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CODE VERIFICATION: I HAVE ENTERED MY VERIFICATION CODE BUT IT FREEZES AT THAT POINT NO FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-verification/ffa5b66e-90db-4ebe-b5bb-76cf08e2e3a5