Windows 10: Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update

Discus and support Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, since May I've encountered a rather odd visual bug in my windows update settings page. I usually check it before shutting down in case of pending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JMacleod26, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update

So, since May I've encountered a rather odd visual bug in my windows update settings page. I usually check it before shutting down in case of pending updates, and ocasionally, a .Net Framework update appears where updates would be. But then it disappears and it says I'm all up to date. It's there for about a second, then it's gone so I rarely get a good look at it since it catches me by surprise. I just barely register the .Net Framework part and nothing else. But, if I manually check for updates after I see this, boom, there's a .Net Framework update for me to install, usually a preview. And they download and install perfectly fine, no issues there. This visual bug only occurs for .Net Framework updates (when they're available) and no other update, and I genuinely don't know why it does this as prior to May my PC didn't do this. Can anyone help me figure out why this happens? (I'm on 21H1 btw, but only recently and this bug has appeared for both 2004 and 21H1 for me.) My current theory is maybe windows update is having trouble automatically grabbing and installing these updates? As they install perfetly fine when manually checked for. But maybe it's something else since it can automatically search and begin downloading other updates just fine. I honestly don't know and it's kinda bugging me.

:)

JMacleod26, Aug 4, 2021

2. Hardware Bug in AMD CPU Family

both intel and AMD keep updated lists of known faults for their cpus, its been posted on here before im sure, each cpu seems to have a massive list of known bugs and errors but they chunder away, odd isnt it*Roll Eyes Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update :rolleyes:

theoneandonlymrk, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Windows update hangs

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the Visual C++ updates are updating constantly number of time again and again. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start and type Programs and features.
    • Select all the listed programs with the Microsoft Visual C++
      and Uninstall them.

If restart is prompted Suggest you to restart. If not, after the Uninstall is done
    Go ahead and check for the updates in Windows Updates and install the updates for Microsoft Visual C++
    and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update

1. Odd "Visual Bug" in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Odd Visual Bug

2. Odd touch keyboard bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd touch keyboard bugs: I'm facing some odd bugs with the touch keyboard on Windows 11 latest update. When I click the button in the taskbar to launch it, it pops up, but then after I close it, it becomes impossible to bring it back. Clicking the taskbar button again does nothing. The only way to...
  3. Odd touch keyboard bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd touch keyboard bugs: I'm facing some odd bugs with the touch keyboard on Windows 11 latest update. When I click the button in the taskbar to launch it, it pops up, but then after I close it, it becomes impossible to bring it back. Clicking the taskbar button again does nothing. The only way to...
  4. Visual bug while updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual bug while updating Windows: I couldn't successfully install optional update from Windows Update so I decided to try to install the update from Microsoft Update Catalog, it stopped after Stage 1. And now while updating Windows from Windows Update I have Stage 2 of 2 to 30% and then after restart Stage 1...
  5. Windows 10 "X" visual bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "X" visual bug: Hi Everyone, Sometimes when I am using Windows 10 Apps, the interface often looks like this, with loads of "X" across, on top of buttons and other random elements. How can I solve this? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  6. some odd bugs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some odd bugs: i got a few minors bugs on my windows 10(not a virus for certain),for example when i write something on google chrome on the task bar,it will sometimes delete everything i wrote by itself,on youtube when i ask for fullscreen it instantly come back,idek y but if i push the...
  7. bizarre visual bug in applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bizarre visual bug in applications: Hi, my computer was working fine after the windows problem solver applied some random setting to try and fix my audio and it made my applications have these weird patterns all over can someone help me?[IMG]...
  8. Windows visual bug

Windows visual bug: Hello here is a bug that i depared and i dont know how to fix it, help me. #windowsbugs[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-visual-bug/4dcffd98-dd8d-4513-b6e5-7ef811876569
  9. Windows 10 odd fullscreen bug

Windows 10 odd fullscreen bug: An odd bug is happening to me on my main monitor. I currently have two monitors and whenever I open a tab that's already maximized, it has this wide white/transparent bar at the top that make it impossible to use some apps. I have a work around this, when I Press F11 to...
  10. April Update visual effects bugs?

in Windows 10 Support
    April Update visual effects bugs?: Hello, Sorry if this has been asked many times before. I noticed in this video that the April Update of Windows 10 seems to have several visual effects issues here and there, for which I'm quite OCD about. I was wondering if these issues shown in the video has been fixed yet...