Windows 10: Odd Wifi network list

Discus and support Odd Wifi network list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LDreyer, May 24, 2020.

1. LDreyer Win User

Odd Wifi network list

Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I constantly reset them to not connect automatically. I also don't have the option to delete them from the list in icon.

Can anyone explain why this is happening, and how to remove these networks?

Thank you in advance!

Odd Wifi network list c31b10b2-453b-4f81-8969-0facadc0ce1a?upload=true.jpg

Odd Wifi network list 69ee64ae-7b2e-429f-a8ea-8664d1520c52?upload=true.jpg

:)

LDreyer, May 24, 2020
  2. Tim P. Win User

WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., May 24, 2020
  3. Mystere Win User
    Mystery Phone Listing on Network

That's actually been happening in Windows for a long time, even back to windows 8 I was seeing it randomly appear (it can be different devices). It seems to be some kind of false positive detection.

Some suggest that this is neighbors connecting to your wifi network. The idea is that the MAC address may be propogated, even though these neighbors are not actually authorized for your network (ie, your router is advertising these mac addresses, but they can't actually use your network, but for some reason they still show up in the list of connected devices).

When you check your WIFI router, the devices won't be listed there, since they haven't been given IP's.. but something in the network architecture still allows MAC advertisement.

Mystere, May 24, 2020
  4. Odd Wifi network list

edit wifi network list

remove networks from wifi list

davefishsound, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Odd Wifi network list

1. Odd Wifi network list - Similar Threads - Odd Wifi network

2. Wifi networks not being listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi networks not being listed: I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching...
  3. Wifi networks not being listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi networks not being listed: I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching...
  4. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  5. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  6. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  8. Wifi network disappearing from list

Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  9. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. odd symbols in my wifi connection list