Windows 10: Odd Windows Activation Problem

Discus and support Odd Windows Activation Problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I have an odd activation problem. I built a back up windows 10 machine about a year ago. At that time when I bought the parts, I bought a copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr CoffeeTime, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Odd Windows Activation Problem

Hi!

I have an odd activation problem. I built a back up windows 10 machine about a year ago. At that time when I bought the parts, I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home. Windows was activated no problem, then the machine has been off line and idle since just after it was built. Unfortunately I did not take note of what version it was running when I fired it up again after about a year this week.

As you can imagine, there were a ton of notifications to update, which I did, and actually this has now gone on for a few days, while I am away at work it is updating.

So today I came home and saw the final update had happened, to 1903. Great, looks great, etc.

So I started to use the PC, and noticed limitations, checked and it said I did not have a valid licence, and that the version it was looking for a key for was Windows 10 Pro.

How is that possible?

I still have all my original packaging, disc, key decal and coa, for Windows 10 Home OEM.

I tried the activation troubleshooter, and all it did is say the key I have is not valid for this version of windows.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Mr CoffeeTime, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Odd Windows Activation Problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Odd Windows Activation Problem

1. Odd Windows Activation Problem - Similar Threads - Odd Activation Problem

2. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  3. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  4. Odd problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with shortcut: Hi PC Spec as per Computer 1 (desktop) I have created a shortcut to an elevated command prompt which I wish to pin to the start menu. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but here's the problem. When I double-click on the desktop shortcut (not yet deleted this), it...
  5. Odd Windows login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd Windows login problem: I've run into this on several computers recently. People bring me computers to work on from time to time, and often they have MS Accounts with passwords. To automate things like Windows updates, I set the computer to autologin (storing the password in the registry as...
  6. Odd Windows 10 install problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Windows 10 install problem: When I install windows to a drive after it done the full windows download it takes me back to my bios any one know how to fix this. submitted by /u/Financial-Result978 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4khca/odd_windows_10_install_problem/
  7. odd mouse problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    odd mouse problem: I reinstalled Windows 10 / 1903 on an HP 15 f009wm laptop. I installed the drivers from the HP site and everything works correctly except the mouse, that exhibits only jerky unusable movement, with both wired and wireless mouse. When I check the device manager there is one...
  8. Odd problem with Win10 disabling sound after no activity for a while

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd problem with Win10 disabling sound after no activity for a while: Windows 10 on one of my machines is experiencing an odd issue where if there is no user activity for an extended period of time, sound stops working. My setup: A refurbished HP Elite 8300 microPC running Win10 Pro that I just purchased and installed a week ago. I use it in...
  9. Very odd network activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd network activity: When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking...
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...