Windows 10: Odd windows explorer refresh issue

Discus and support Odd windows explorer refresh issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wasn't sure which area to post this. I've been seeing a rather annoying issue where I'll have a windows explorer window open on one of two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hattrik21, Sep 30, 2015.

1. hattrik21 Win User

Odd windows explorer refresh issue

I wasn't sure which area to post this.

I've been seeing a rather annoying issue where I'll have a windows explorer window open on one of two monitors and I'll have highlighted file 2200 out of 6000 and on the other screen I'll be actively typing in info into a spreadsheet or browsing the web or reading emails and then my windows explorer jumps back to the top of the list. I believe I have tracked it down to my slideshow timer. Every time the background changes on either screen, the refresh happens on the windows explorer window. I did not see the issue on Win7 which I previously ran with similar theme setups.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there a solution?

:)

hattrik21, Sep 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 File Explorer not responsive on Task Bar.

Hello community.

I still need a resolution to the above File Explorer issue. Any new thoughts?

If it helps, I've also noticed another odd thing. I saved and zipped a document to my Desktop. If I right click that zipped folder on my Desktop, the screen does a refresh and I never get the selection menu.

Thanks everyone.

JamesEastman, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Espo74 Win User

I've been having the same issue... Driving me crazy. I have been searching for a fix and can't find anything

Espo74, Oct 16, 2015
  5. hattrik21 Win User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

hattrik21, Nov 12, 2015
  6. chasman15 Win User
    It has to do with the setting -> colors where in win10 every time the background changes it picks a color from the new background and causes whatever work thing you are doing to refresh. To solve this got to setting -> personalization -> colors turn off automatic pick an accent color and change the menu color to a single selected color and it will stop the automatic refresh when the background image changes. It worked for me.

chasman15, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd windows explorer refresh issue - Similar Threads - Odd explorer refresh

2. Odd Issue With Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Odd Issue With Windows 10: Hello, I'm hoping someone would be able to assist me with an odd issue that started occurring to me recently. Whenever I boot up my PC or restart it, instead of taking me to my user account to enter my pin at the lock screen, it automatically takes me to a different account...
  3. Explorer Refresh Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer Refresh Issues: The last few days I've been having issues with Explorer not refreshing automatically when copying/pasting/deleting files from folders. I have to manually Ctrl+R in order for the files to appear or disappear. I've also encountered a problem where Explorer crashes if I drag a...
  4. Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue: Hello, Newly created folder is appearing only after refresh F5 and it's happeing with Copy,Cut,Paste & Rename functions as well. Tried all the possiblities but nothing helped me out, Any troubleshooting steps that i need to perform to fix this? Regards, Avinash...
  5. An odd issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An odd issue: On a friends computer application files are getting the .exe file extension stripped off the name. Of course then they won't launch. Renaming the file and adding the .exe back onto the filename solves the issue temporarily but it happens again. What's even weirder is I can...
  6. Windows explorer not refreshing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer not refreshing: Hello,Windows explorer not refreshing. In folders where video files are, there were thumbnails (small picture of the video clip). Now there are only medium icons with "mp4" text inside.Once when I opened such a folder, there was a yellow progress bar running at the upper side...
  7. Odd Windows Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Windows Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  8. Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 1709, I've noticed that Windows Explorer is refusing to automatically refresh files and folders when a change is made. For example, if I download a file and then delete that file, Explorer prompts if I want to delete the file. I press yes and yet the...
  9. Windows Explorer behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer behaves oddly: When I double click on a drive or directory, normally Explorer shows the contents. Now it displays a message this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  10. File explorer issue, don't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer issue, don't refresh automatically: its been some long time when i don't some files to folder and my folder view is by date of create or modifed its don't show the new file that i downlod, i try to do by myself after i read some articalis but don't think that its right: [img] windows 10 64 bit what to...