Windows 10: Odd Windows login problem

Discus and support Odd Windows login problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've run into this on several computers recently. People bring me computers to work on from time to time, and often they have MS Accounts with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tsherr, May 4, 2021.

1. tsherr Win User

Odd Windows login problem

I've run into this on several computers recently. People bring me computers to work on from time to time, and often they have MS Accounts with passwords. To automate things like Windows updates, I set the computer to autologin (storing the password in the registry as follows).

Code:
    This works really well, but from time to time when I remove these entries, I'm unable to login.

I remove the entries and restart, and the user name appears, but the "Sign In" button no longer has a border, and when I click on it, it displays "Just a moment" and the circle spins for about 10 seconds and it stays on the login screen.

If I login as the adminstrator (or any other local account) it works fine.

Odd Windows login problem [​IMG]

Working user

Odd Windows login problem [​IMG]

Non-working user

I think it's related to the PIN (there is no PIN set that I know of).

If I switch a MS Account to a local account, it works.

If I create a new local account it works, but if I switch it to a MS Account it breaks.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

tsherr, May 4, 2021

2. odd login with win to today

Hi,

I suggest you to check if you have any new updates available for Windows.

To check the update history follow the below steps:

• Click on Windows Key.
    • Click on settings
    • Click on windows updates and security.
    • Click on advanced options
    • Select view update history.
    • Now check if there is any new updates installed.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 4, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Odd Windows login problem - Similar Threads - Odd login problem

2. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  3. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  4. Odd problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with shortcut: Hi PC Spec as per Computer 1 (desktop) I have created a shortcut to an elevated command prompt which I wish to pin to the start menu. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but here's the problem. When I double-click on the desktop shortcut (not yet deleted this), it...
  5. Odd Update Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd Update Screen After Login: I'm concerned about an update that occurred today AFTER I turned on my computer and entered my login PIN. A window opened that was largely dark gray with a blue window in the middle prompting the update. After it updated, I was given an option to purchase Office365 which I...
  6. odd mouse problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    odd mouse problem: I reinstalled Windows 10 / 1903 on an HP 15 f009wm laptop. I installed the drivers from the HP site and everything works correctly except the mouse, that exhibits only jerky unusable movement, with both wired and wireless mouse. When I check the device manager there is one...
  7. Odd Windows Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Odd Windows Activation Problem: Hi! I have an odd activation problem. I built a back up windows 10 machine about a year ago. At that time when I bought the parts, I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home. Windows was activated no problem, then the machine has been off line and idle since just after it was...
  8. Odd login issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login issue: I have three user accounts on my machine including myself, its a family computer. We all use PIN's to sign in. Strangely, whenever the computer is rebooted, it automatically signs into my account and desktop without requiring the PIN or password, regardless of who was...
  9. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...