Windows 10: Odys WinPad V10 - Upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Discus and support Odys WinPad V10 - Upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I had problems doing my annual windows update (usually suppressing updates in between, might stop that now since new update regulations seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seneral, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Seneral Win User

Odys WinPad V10 - Upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 Update

So I had problems doing my annual windows update (usually suppressing updates in between, might stop that now since new update regulations seem better). Yes I'm still using an Odys WinPad V10.

Upon installing Windows 10 as usual you'll find that neither touch, sound, SD Card or Battery Management works (as I later found out, camera too).

It is workable though with the keyboard, so don't worry.

I'll post my solution as an answer.

[moved from German forums]

:)

Seneral, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 21, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Odys WinPad V10 - Upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Odys WinPad V10

2. Odys WinPad V10 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odys WinPad V10 drivers: Since my OG question is now locked, I'll add further info here.Since the original driver file is no down, I've uploaded my copy to archive.org.https://archive.org/details/driver-odys-windesk-x10-winpad-v10 See instructions in the OG question namely importance of I2C...
  3. Odys WinPad V10 drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odys WinPad V10 drivers: Since my OG question is now locked, I'll add further info here.Since the original driver file is no down, I've uploaded my copy to archive.org.https://archive.org/details/driver-odys-windesk-x10-winpad-v10 See instructions in the OG question namely importance of I2C...
  4. Odys WinPad V10 drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. May 2019 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Windows 10 Update: At start up, Tips for the update were on my screen. Where do I find them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-windows-10-update/0afc9357-6c27-4b57-8f34-ba392a3f47f9
  6. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  9. Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrade blocks for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Microsoft plans to release the May 2019 Update for Windows 10 at the end of May 2019. The update was expected for a end of March 2019 beginning of April 2019 release initially, but the disastrous Windows 10 version 1809 feature update release forced Microsoft's hand on the...
  10. Can't upgrade to May 2019 update.

Can't upgrade to May 2019 update.: Hello peeps, I've been trying to get upgrades in my PC for the last couple of months but they always stop because my PC "can't" be upgraded, I asked to a MS tech guy and did some restarts and still wasn't able to get em, apparently I was stuck with the 18358.1 update and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. odys 9 winpad update 21h1