Windows 10: OE Classic features free vs Pro

Discus and support OE Classic features free vs Pro in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently downloaded and installed the OE Classic mail client (version 3.1). (It does do IMAP now! See changelog) I did ask Zvonko Tesic <[email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by noquiexis, Jun 3, 2021.

1. noquiexis Win User

OE Classic features free vs Pro

I recently downloaded and installed the OE Classic mail client (version 3.1). (It does do IMAP now! See changelog) I did ask Zvonko Tesic <[email protected]> what "hidden" features (in the free version) are available in the Pro (paid) version. He replied with a link to the Order page, but that did not come close to answering my question. I do know that the Spell Checker in the free version is limited to the first word (which includes an ad to buy the Pro version). I created a lot of Local Folders* where I want to keep messages, but the Save function (and the drag-and-drop) are both disabled. I already have a lot of Local Folders** from when I put Windows Vista Mail on my Windows 10 computer. (I may re-establish that from the tutorial here.) Question 1: Does the paid version allow email to be saved as *.eml? Question 2: Does the paid version allow Saved Folders to be located elsewhere? Question 2: Does the paid version allow removal of the ad at the top of sent messages? Question 4: What other "hidden" features does the paid version have that might make it attractive? I still use Windows Vista Mail on my Windows 7 computer, primarily because of the ease of saving messages. Plus, I like the user interface. Windows 10 Home Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.985) Dell XPS 8920 circa 2017 * "C:\Users\{me}\AppData\Local\OEClassic\User\Main Identity" has the *.db and *.mbx files ** "C:\Users\{me}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Local Folders\Toast Net" with messages saved as *.eml files

:)

noquiexis, Jun 3, 2021
  2. okanagan Win User

Anyone using OE Classic for email?

A friend just made a big jump from XP to 10. He had been using Outlook Express for his POP mail. OE Classic seems to be a great replacement, since it opened all his dbx files, complete with the folder structure he had set up in Outlook Express.

Our problem is, I can't find a way to make OE Classic respond to mailto links. He's using Chrome.

Settings>System>Default apps>Email - gives only 3 choices: Chrome, Mail, and look in the appstore

Settings>System>Default apps>Set defaults by app - OE Classic does not appear in the list of programs.

OE Classic is installed and works fine, and it's not a portable, it does show up in the add/remove programs list.

I'm guessing this is a problem with OE Classic. Any thoughts?

okanagan, Jun 3, 2021
  3. derekimo Win User

Have you tried setting the default for the .eml file type instead?

Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

OE Classic features free vs Pro [​IMG]

derekimo, Jun 3, 2021
  4. okanagan Win User

derekimo: Yes, I tried going through control panel. OE Classic does not appear on the program list.

Slartybart: I can't click on the fake email address in your post, it's not recognized as a link. I think you are right about OE Classic not being properly registered.

I got a reply from OE Classic support and they are aware of the issue and it's a high priority to be fixed in a future version. I think we'll hold tight and copy-paste email addresses while waiting, rather than try anything drastic. Thanks for your help.

okanagan, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. OE Classic features free vs Pro - Similar Threads - Classic features free

2. free vs used space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free vs used space: Hello there, My E hard drive only had 14gb of a game files and I emptied the drive now, but it still shows some used space in drive properties note : I already deleted the 2 temp folders , from the "temp" and "%temp%" of the run cmd. [ATTACH]...
  3. WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19: Many people around the world, who have a windows computer could work from home without having to expose themselves to the pandemic COVID19, but unfortunately the windows versions of their PCs are home versions that do not allow remote access to their workstations. This would...
  4. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version: Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it...
  5. Antispam OE Hook Launcher

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antispam OE Hook Launcher: Buen día. CAda vez que entro en mi Pc debo de poner la contraseña en " Antispam OE Hook Launcher" , a pesar de que selecciono l opción de "recordar credenciales" ¿qué debo hacer para que ya no tenga que poner la contraseña cada vez que inicio sesión. ¿de que me sirve el...
  6. Anyone using OE Classic for email?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone using OE Classic for email?: A friend just made a big jump from XP to 10. He had been using Outlook Express for his POP mail. OE Classic seems to be a great replacement, since it opened all his dbx files, complete with the folder structure he had set up in Outlook Express. Our problem is, I can't find...
  7. OE messages in trouble

in Browsers and Email
    OE messages in trouble: Yesterday my horrible boss sent me about some dozens of email messages. I’m very often using Outlook Express 6. Just today, I’ve quickly opened my Inbox Folder and I unluckily didn’t see these emails. 99155
  8. VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

VLC Player vs Media Classic Player: Which do you prefer, and why? 21697
  9. IObit Uninstaller 7 Free vs. Revo Uninstaller Free?

IObit Uninstaller 7 Free vs. Revo Uninstaller Free?: IObit Uninstaller - Best Free Software Uninstall Tool for Your Windows XP/7/8/10 PC https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo..._download.html I have used Revo Pro for years on a windows 7 machine with great success. Never experienced any problems letting it delete...
  10. Windows Classic Shell - Free Download

Windows Classic Shell - Free Download: Asking for opinions of anyone using this software that purports to place an older classic Windows interface over Windows 10. Most of the reviews I've seen of this software look like media hype, except for one Inc. Magazine article that was scant on details. Said you could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oe classic pro

2. OE Classic free vs Pro