Windows 10: OEM cloning windows 10

Discus and support OEM cloning windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased a laptop with OEM windows 8.1 last year and managed to clone the HDD to an SSD after much trial and error. I wish to now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelK, Oct 5, 2015.

1. MichaelK Win User

OEM cloning windows 10

Hi,

I purchased a laptop with OEM windows 8.1 last year and managed to clone the HDD to an SSD after much trial and error.

I wish to now upgrade to windows 10 on this cloned SSD but am concerned that I may run into issues with regard to boot manager etc...I don't want to clean install as I have a huge amount of software I don't want to reinstall on my SSD.

Can anyone please tell me if it's safe to go ahead with this or what I need to consider before doing so?

Thanks heaps in advance!

Cheers

:)

MichaelK, Oct 5, 2015

2. Cloning OEM Windows 10 Pro to OEM Windows 10 Pro

I have a few new PC's that I purchased off Newegg for a great price. All are the same make and model with identical specs and Windows 10 Pro OS. I want to run updates and install programs on one of the machines, and then clone the first machine using
    Clonezilla and then add that cloned image to the other 3 machines. Each PC has it's own specific OEM activation key. Can I add the cloned image to the other 3 PC's and then activate windows with the key originally assigned to the PC? Each PC will have it's
    own Windows 10 OEM activation key.

Jim1Hurley, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Cloning OEM Windows 10 Pro to OEM Windows 10 Pro

Yes, you can do that.

After cloning the image, do the following on each machine.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

OEM cloning windows 10 [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

OEM cloning windows 10

Welcome to TenForums, MichaelK!

To start off:

1) Double check that your Win 8.1 is activated. If you've run it a while I imagine it is but you should double check.

2) What size is the SSD and how much space is occupied?

Word Man, Oct 5, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    Is your computer running UEFI or BIOS? I just upgraded from 7/8/8.1 to 10 and without too much problem except that I was using a HHD that was having a problem. How much HD space to you have as backup system ? I have been using Macrium Reflect Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free (free version) and it really works well. Please tell us a bit more about your OS and computer - as there are several users here will and more able to assist you with the task of upgrading to Windows 10.
    thanks Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Right on Cliff M - Backup Backup Backup !!! Then upgrade.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OEM cloning windows 10

1. OEM cloning windows 10 - Similar Threads - OEM cloning

2. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  3. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  4. I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?: I cloned old PC HDD with windows 10 home to brand new PC that had Windows 10 Pro OEM, how do I update to Win 10 Pro OEM now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cloned-old-pc-hdd-brand-new-now-with-old-os-how/a04adf24-7316-433f-b58e-549dc81f05f7
  5. I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?

I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?: I cloned old PC HDD with windows 10 home to brand new PC that had Windows 10 Pro OEM, how do I update to Win 10 Pro OEM now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cloned-old-pc-hdd-brand-new-now-with-old-os-how/a04adf24-7316-433f-b58e-549dc81f05f7
  6. I cloned old PC HDD, brand new now with old OS, how can update to windows 10 Pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is it legal to clone an installed Windows XP OEM A to another PC B and change to B's license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to clone an installed Windows XP OEM A to another PC B and change to B's license?: Hi, currently I have a small project to reinstall multiple old Windows XP PCs which must use CD/DVD-ROM to install.As the installation process requires a lot of time, I am considering to reduce the time.Both of the PC has it own Genuine Product Key.My step are1. Use a clone...
  8. Is it legal to clone an installed Windows XP OEM A to another PC B and change to B's license?

Is it legal to clone an installed Windows XP OEM A to another PC B and change to B's license?: Hi, currently I have a small project to reinstall multiple old Windows XP PCs which must use CD/DVD-ROM to install.As the installation process requires a lot of time, I am considering to reduce the time.Both of the PC has it own Genuine Product Key.My step are1. Use a clone...
  9. Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?: Hi, I have a Acer Swift SF314-54G. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed by Acer. Recently, I bought new SSD (Adata SX8200 Pro) because the HDD had seemed too slow to run Windows Applications. I cloned the old disk with AOMEI Backupper to my new SSD. After the...
  10. OEM Windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on an Unbranded or Cloned PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on an Unbranded or Cloned PC: Can a local computer shop or vendor sell a custom built, unbranded, or cloned pc and use an OEM windows 10. Would that violate any microsoft terms and conditions?...