Windows 10: OEM error, accidentally deleted linked account on fresh windows install but have key...

Discus and support OEM error, accidentally deleted linked account on fresh windows install but have key... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how to reactivate windows. My last motherboard crashed due to adjusting 1 led which i just replaced. I was unable to unlink the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rxn99ne, Jul 8, 2021.

1. rxn99ne Win User

OEM error, accidentally deleted linked account on fresh windows install but have key...

I cannot figure out how to reactivate windows. My last motherboard crashed due to adjusting 1 led which i just replaced. I was unable to unlink the key. I figured i'd need to do a fresh windows install and upon reinstalling I'm getting an oem error again. I may have unlinked everything because I have a key which worked previously on my last motherboard swap. But trying to activate it again isnt working. It is unable to active with error 0x803f7001

:)

rxn99ne, Jul 8, 2021

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

OEM error, accidentally deleted linked account on fresh windows install but have key...

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. OEM error, accidentally deleted linked account on fresh windows install but have key... - Similar Threads - OEM error accidentally

2. windows activation error with OEM key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation error with OEM key: my OEM description is demanding for windows 10 RTM core country specific but i have installed windows 10 pro and its not activated with this OEM key so which version of window 10 should i have to install?...
  3. Is linking the Windows key necessary on an OEM system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is linking the Windows key necessary on an OEM system?: I am in the process of updating a laptop with Windows 8.1 to 10. The key is tied to the laptop since it is a Dell and only has a local account. I know on Windows 10, when you build your own PC or otherwise you can link the key to your Microsoft account. Should I link the OEM...
  4. I have a windows digital key linked to my microsoft account. I want to install fresh OS on...

I have a windows digital key linked to my microsoft account. I want to install fresh OS on...: A little help plz submitted by /u/vaughn3654 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4ym3h/i_have_a_windows_digital_key_linked_to_my/
  5. Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install needed but no OEM disc: Win 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 18362.778 No disc because this Dell didn't come with one. This has been my main desktop since Dec 2013. The OS has developed strange system problems* that I'm afraid might transfer over to an upgrade. Today's question is: I'd rather do a clean...
  6. Accidentally deleted administrator account

Accidentally deleted administrator account: I was trying to change the name on my mother's administrator's account (where she is the administrator), and I have somehow erased her administrator account altogether. The only account remaining is mine, which is a local, non-administrator account. I've gone to Control Panel...
  7. OEM install errored, MS account activated

OEM install errored, MS account activated: Used an OEM key for a new build but got the 0x87E10BCF error. My mobo is used. I tried a few solutions found online. Logged into my MS account to try the key again but the cursor 'hung' with the wheel. Finally got disgusted and moved the mouse. Then Activation window said...
  8. Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?: So I just installed windows 10 pro without product key. now I want to activate it using OEM key (cause it cost less). can I activate windows without a fresh install? Also is it safe to activate windows using OEM key (like from eBay)?...
  9. Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link

Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link: Hey ! So I have my current OEM windows licence installed on my machine, and I'm building a new system that I will use very soon. Since I can't transfer my current licence to that new system, and since I can't afford a full edition, I'm probably about to buy another OEM key...
  10. Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account: I'm unsure if this is the proper section of the forum, but here goes. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first was released. I had no issues initially. Randomly, my computer chose to log me in to a temporary profile. I was unable to access my files or pictures, and no amount of...