Windows 10: OEM Format

Discus and support OEM Format in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I formatted my OEM recovery while using diskpart to assign a character to a disk. It was a mistake and now it's formatted. Knowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akash Chhabra, Aug 11, 2019.

1. OEM Format

Hello everyone,

I formatted my OEM recovery while using diskpart to assign a character to a disk. It was a mistake and now it's formatted.

Knowing that the OEM can't be recovered, I would like to ask if I wil reinstall the same windows version again(WINDOWS 10 HOME), with the same genuine product key I have, will it work.

I wanna know if my windows will be genuine if I'll reinstall the same version with same product key on the same computer if anything goes wrong in near future.

Thank you.

:)

Akash Chhabra, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Clean install on a OEM formatted GPT disk?

Hi there

Note - when using DISKPART the LIST DISK command will show an '*' for GPT formatted disks if you are unsure of which of yours are GPT formatted.

OEM Format [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 11, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

OEM Format

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

OEM Format

1. OEM Format - Similar Threads - OEM Format

2. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  3. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  8. I installed win 10 home from OEM DVD (formatted before install) and this box was checked...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed win 10 home from OEM DVD (formatted before install) and this box was checked...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krd8ra/i_installed_win_10_home_from_oem_dvd_formatted/
  9. Problem formating pc with Windows 10 OEM DVD, stuck at windows logo

Problem formating pc with Windows 10 OEM DVD, stuck at windows logo: Hello, I bought a Windows 10 OEM DVD in order to format my current PC that runs Windows 7 professional which probably has been infected with a virus and has some issues. I backed up everything I needed and set the boot priority in BIOS to boot from CD/DVD. I insert the...
  10. Clean install on a OEM formatted GPT disk?

Clean install on a OEM formatted GPT disk?: I'm thinking of a clean reinstall of Windows 10 because of some stability issues (Mail and Calendar apps not working, Store app can't update etc yada yada; also I would like to get rid of the OEM softwares that have persisted till now). I got my current version of Windows 10...