Windows 10: OEM - HIDClass - 18.16.37.672 Installation

Discus and support OEM - HIDClass - 18.16.37.672 Installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason when I press to install this update it just doesn't seem to work. It says that it's pending installation, but when I press the intall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BluAnate., Jun 25, 2022.

1. BluAnate. Win User

OEM - HIDClass - 18.16.37.672 Installation

For some reason when I press to install this update it just doesn't seem to work. It says that it's pending installation, but when I press the intall button absolutely nothing happens. I've tried restarting my PC, but again same results.

:)

BluAnate., Jun 25, 2022

2. CODE 37

Hello Enoch,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you facing this issue while you are connecting the wireless USB?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or a Microsoft account?

The Code 37 error is one of several Device Manager Error codes.

A Code 37 error basically means that the driver installed for the
    hardware device has failed in some way.

You may refer to the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to update all your drivers in device manager and check if it helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the admin account or the Microsoft account to check if that helps.

I also suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Method 3:

I suggest you to plug in the USB device and run the hardware troubleshooter to check if that helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound

• Select "Hardware and Devices"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 25, 2022
  3. john7 Win User
    What is Insyde – HIDClass and how to install if needed?

I use wushowhide to block problem updates, MS loves to try “updating one of my old printers”. Its currently listing “Insyde – HIDClass - 1.19/2017, 12:00:00 AM – 1.4.0.4”.

I am unclear as to what this is and if actually of use how to install it as I can’t find anything like it in device manager even with hidden items showing.

john7, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that when you are trying to install a 16-bit program you are unable to use the keyboard or mouse, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know which application are you trying to install.

As you have already tried installing the program in Compatibility mode and enabled NTVDM, I suggest you to change the properties for Command Prompt and check if that allows you to install the program.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Command Prompt.
    2. Right click on the title Command Prompt and click on
      Properties.
    3. Select the checkbox for Use legacy console (requires relaunch) and click on
      OK.
    4. Close and re-open Command Prompt.
    Now, trying installing the program.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you can use Group Policy editor to change the settings for 16-bit applications. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, expand Computer Configuration.
    4. Expand Administrative templates and then,
      Windows Components.
    5. Click on Application Compatibility.
    6. On the right-pane, double click on Prevent access to 16-bit applications.
    7. Click on Disabled and click on
      OK
    8. If prompted, restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on installing 16-bit applications to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. OEM - HIDClass - 18.16.37.672 Installation - Similar Threads - OEM HIDClass 672

2. OEM - HIDClass - 18.16.37.672 Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM - HIDClass - 18.16.37.672 Installation: For some reason when I press to install this update it just doesn't seem to work. It says that it's pending installation, but when I press the intall button absolutely nothing happens. I've tried restarting my PC, but again same results....
  3. oem - hidclass - 18.16.37.672

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oem - hidclass - 18.16.37.672: i got problem after updating this driver, when i plug external hdd into windows, my windows is blue screen straight away without any progress bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-hidclass-181637672/2f3bbf48-591c-4d58-bd56-9f6c10e0ea19
  4. oem - hidclass - 18.16.37.672

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oem - hidclass - 18.16.37.672: i got problem after updating this driver, when i plug external hdd into windows, my windows is blue screen straight away without any progress bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-hidclass-181637672/2f3bbf48-591c-4d58-bd56-9f6c10e0ea19
  5. OEM-HIDClass - 18.16.37.672

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM-HIDClass - 18.16.37.672: Hi, i am just wondering. What is this Driver update? I recently just received it in my Windows Update. But I'm not quite sure what is OEM-HIDClass, or whatever it's for....
  6. OEM-HIDClass - 18.16.37.672

OEM-HIDClass - 18.16.37.672: Hi, i am just wondering. What is this Driver update? I recently just received it in my Windows Update. But I'm not quite sure what is OEM-HIDClass, or whatever it's for....
  7. OEM-HIDClass - 18.16.37.672

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. oem hidclass 18.16.37.672

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oem hidclass 18.16.37.672: Hello guys,So today i got an optional windows update named "oem hidclass 18.16.37.672"So im wondering what this is and if i should install this or not? What is the purpose of that driver?...
  9. oem hidclass 18.16.37.672

oem hidclass 18.16.37.672: Hello guys,So today i got an optional windows update named "oem hidclass 18.16.37.672"So im wondering what this is and if i should install this or not? What is the purpose of that driver?...
  10. oem hidclass 18.16.37.672

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware