Windows 10: OEM Home to PRO Retail

Discus and support OEM Home to PRO Retail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive. I added ei.cfg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xstarlogic, Jul 18, 2019.

1. OEM Home to PRO Retail

I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive.

I added ei.cfg

[EditionID]

Professional

[Channel]

Retail

[VL]

I also add pid.txt to automate install, After installation is complete. I get Enterprise Edition, and I hardly can activate. Is there anything wrong?

:)

xstarlogic, Jul 18, 2019
  2. patkim Win User

Understanding difference between OEM & Retail Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade if any

Hi,

I am aware that you can upgrade OEM Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by following certain steps and paying a fee to Microsoft to get a new Pro license.

However what I am not clear is about the type of license that Windows 10 Pro then comes with after an upgrade

When I upgrade OEM Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, do I still retain the license as Windows 10 Pro OEM or does it now become a retail Pro license?

If it still remains as OEM License, is there a difference in the fee structure for upgrading OEM Home to Pro & Retail Home to Pro?

As I understand a retail license offers flexibility to move to another computer but OEM does not. OEM is tied to the first motherboard on which it's activated.

Thanks

patkim, Jul 18, 2019
  3. RajuDS Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Retail or OEM or Volume License

Thank you so much for very helpful response once again.

I went with the comparison of Window 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise where in I saw Enterprise having more features than Pro & in turn Pro having more features than Home.

Yes, I am an individual consumer, now my mind is very much clear on things you have mentioned above.

I will choose the best option based on above i.e. either OEM or Retail.

RajuDS, Jul 18, 2019
  4. OEM Home to PRO Retail

DavidBaileyyz, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

OEM Home to PRO Retail

1. OEM Home to PRO Retail - Similar Threads - OEM Home PRO

2. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  3. windows 11 pro oem to retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 pro oem to retail?: i purchased a prebuilt pc that came with a windows 10 pro oem license eligible for the windows 11 upgrade. i have since upgraded to the windows 11 pro oem version. my question is if i purchase a windows 11 pro retail license, can i change the installed version by changing the...
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  5. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  6. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro: Hello there,I got a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 oem home installed, and I want to upgrade it to retail pro through key I've purchased.Which is better: To just apply the upgrade or do clean install? Or it doesn't matter?Thank you...
  8. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade toWindows 10 Pro Retail, so that I can move it to future computers when I retire this one. Can I simply purchaseWindows 10 Pro Retail and insert that Retail license key into the change product...
  9. Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail

Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail: I've Windows 10 Professional Retail product key. My laptop has Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade to win 10 Professional Retail. Can I get back to my OEM Win 10 Home again? How? I would like to avoid using product key if I cant get back to my win 10 Home OEM. Please help...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build)...