Windows 10: OEM Key Query

Discus and support OEM Key Query in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have wiped and installed windows 10 Pro on machines previously running Windows 8 Pro, and windows has activated. Is this a fluke or do windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lewis_M, May 9, 2019.

1. Lewis_M Win User

OEM Key Query

Hi,

I have wiped and installed windows 10 Pro on machines previously running Windows 8 Pro, and windows has activated. Is this a fluke or do windows 8 OEM keys work with windows 10?

We missed the upgrade period so i assumed they would not work.

Many thanks

Lewis

:)

Lewis_M, May 9, 2019

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 9, 2019
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, May 9, 2019
  4. OEM Key Query

lost oem key

after i have a chat with the microsoft service. i have my original OEM licence key in my BIOS. then can your step still be use for changing the fake licence that i'm using right now to the OEM licence.

danielhazwan, May 9, 2019
Thema:

OEM Key Query

1. OEM Key Query - Similar Threads - OEM Key Query

2. Query on OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query on OEM license: In 2019, I purchased a desktop computer with pre-installed Windows 10 Home likely OEM license. But product key was not provided by the retailer at the time of purchase. Recently, due to motherboard issue, it was replaced and OS was reinstalled. Now to activate the OS, I do...
  3. Query on OEM license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query on OEM license: In 2019, I purchased a desktop computer with pre-installed Windows 10 Home likely OEM license. But product key was not provided by the retailer at the time of purchase. Recently, due to motherboard issue, it was replaced and OS was reinstalled. Now to activate the OS, I do...
  4. Query on OEM license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  6. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  7. Oem key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  8. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  9. oem key

oem key: Hello reset pc is not working on windows surface book pro, so I need to format it, how can I reinstall my oem key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/d3959937-f218-42ae-be23-31db8afbdcf0
  10. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...