Windows 10: Oem key to a normal key

Discus and support Oem key to a normal key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a prebuilt a few years back which I regret but now im changing cases which means im changing the motherboard to which then means my oem key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pats#1, May 19, 2020.

1. Pats#1 Win User

Oem key to a normal key

I bought a prebuilt a few years back which I regret but now im changing cases which means im changing the motherboard to which then means my oem key for windows is useless but I was wondering if there was a way to chamge an oem key to a normal key for a fee of some sort instead of buying a whole new key

:)

Pats#1, May 19, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Perhaps the OEM key has been used a few times already and cannot be used again.
    I have changed motherboards in laptops and the OEM key worked, without having to call Microsoft.

Caring1, May 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

FWIW, WinXP OEM and Retail disks and keys cannot be interchanged. I suspect it's the same with Win 7.

The good thing is that any OEM key will work with any OEM install, regardless of the branded vendor.

Sasqui, May 19, 2020
  4. Oem key to a normal key

activate windows 7 oem key

I guess you can use any oem win7 disk with an oem win7 key.

But you can't use an oem win7 key if you install using a retail version win7 disk.

I stand to be corrected......

Black Panther, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Oem key to a normal key

1. Oem key to a normal key - Similar Threads - Oem key normal

2. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  3. Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key: Hello all, I've got second hand laptop yesterday. It is Lenovo T640, which comes with Windows 10 Pro OEM license preinstalled in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm unable to use this key anymore, because the first owner has reached the limit of activation of this key (I called...
  4. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  5. Oem key

Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  6. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  7. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  8. oem key

oem key: Hello reset pc is not working on windows surface book pro, so I need to format it, how can I reinstall my oem key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/d3959937-f218-42ae-be23-31db8afbdcf0
  9. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...
  10. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro (OEM) and installed it on my computer which currently has a windows 10 Home ( OEM ). Then i installed the windows 10 home to my laptop. However i can't activate the product key of the said OS. I get this error "We can't activate windows on...