Windows 10: OEM License

Discus and support OEM License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by teots, Dec 4, 2020.

1. teots Win User

OEM License

I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which
    parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu, rams, graphics card and sound card ? If i am not wrong only the motherboard cannot change ?

:)

teots, Dec 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Oem and retail license

Hi,

You may look at envelope and its content. Boxes have USB inside. OEM - DVD.

If you are suggested to buy OEM with electronic delivery, this highly likely is spoofing.

There are to classes OEM - DOEM (Direct OEM) and ordinary OEM.

The first is a large bunch of licenses Microsoft sells to large computer producers - HP, ASUS and so on. Such licenses will no distributed separately, only with computers.

An ordinary OEM is a cardboard package with installer's license sticked on it. Can you imagine a way to download it? I can't.

Igor Leyko, Dec 4, 2020
  4. OEM License

OEM Licensing

Hi there,

We are system builders, deploying lots of devices that are running Windows 10.

Currently, we must obtain OEM licensing from a reseller, and require being sent a USB for each licence we require.

We would like access to the facility to:

• Purchase Windows licenses for resale in bulk at a discount
    • Deploy with OEM tools
    • Access the licences easily, without having to purchase through another reseller or require USB drives being sent out to us

I have spent a very long time searching through the Microsoft Partners website, as well as reading through forum posts.

I've come across 1 useful post reply from a Microsoft rep that links to all the requirements and certifications of becoming a licence reseller, however the post reply was from 2007, and all the links are broken.

Can anyone please advise:

• Certification requirements of becoming authorised to resell Microsoft licenses
    • What method of managing license keys/purchasing is available to these resellers.
    Thanks.

AVProjects, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

OEM License

1. OEM License - Similar Threads - OEM License

2. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  3. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  4. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  5. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  6. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  7. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  8. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

9. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  10. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d