Windows 10: OEM of Windows XP Pro

Discus and support OEM of Windows XP Pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am now aware of the limitations of OEM copies about them being tied to the original hardware they were installed on, however I do have a question.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AGTRigorMortis, Dec 3, 2023.

1. OEM of Windows XP Pro

I am now aware of the limitations of OEM copies about them being tied to the original hardware they were installed on, however I do have a question. Did I do something wrong when I temporarily installed an OEM copy of XP Pro to try to retrieve files from software where the setup executable that would normally give easy access to them, on a virtual machine? keep in mind this wasn't activated, I chose not to go through with the activation attempt as it probably would've led to the operating system being disabled on both systems. But my other machine isn't working right now, I have to install a n

:)

AGTRigorMortis, Dec 3, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2023
  3. What is the procedure to downgrade a Windows 10 Pro license to Windows XP Professional?

IF it was possible to downgrade, the operating system you want to downgrade to has to still be supported by Microsoft.

XP, Vista, 7 and 8 are no longer supported by Microsoft.

8.1 is in extended support.

I suggest that you read all of this:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software

The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td][/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td][/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

Bill Smithers, Dec 3, 2023
  4. OEM of Windows XP Pro

Windows 7 to Windows XP

XP does not come for free and Microsoft no longer sells it.

And we can not recommend anywhere safe to buy it from.

And do NOT buy XP keys by themselves.

And XP is installed by doing a clean install of XP over 7

And the computer manufacturer would have had to supply Windows XP drivers for your exact model number for XP to install and work correctly.

XP is out of support, the same as 7 is.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

These were the Downgrade rights which no longer apply to you as XP and 7 are no longer supported by Microsoft

Downgrade Rights existed for Windows 7 Pro, but only if it was an OEM Windows 7 Pro License.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software

The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td][/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td][/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

OEM of Windows XP Pro

1. OEM of Windows XP Pro - Similar Threads - OEM Pro

2. I have an OEM Win11 Pro COA missing two digits.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an OEM Win11 Pro COA missing two digits.: I have an OEM Win11 Pro. It seems two digits got scraped off when attempting to reveal my product key. The first two digits of the last 5 digits sequence got scrapped off. I cannot find anyway to reach support to help me. xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-??xx...
  3. I have an OEM Win11 Pro COA missing two digits.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an OEM Win11 Pro COA missing two digits.: I have an OEM Win11 Pro. It seems two digits got scraped off when attempting to reveal my product key. The first two digits of the last 5 digits sequence got scrapped off. I cannot find anyway to reach support to help me. xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-??xx...
  4. Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM not activating with a proper OEM key - Error Code: 0x803FA067

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM not activating with a proper OEM key - Error Code: 0x803FA067: Hey all.After using my newly-built PC with an unactivated copy of Windows for, like, months, I finally decided to get rid of the watermark in the corner by activating with a new key. Only problem? It didn't work - gave me an error code, specifically error code...
  5. Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM not activating with a proper OEM key - Error Code: 0x803FA067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM not activating with a proper OEM key - Error Code: 0x803FA067: Hey all.After using my newly-built PC with an unactivated copy of Windows for, like, months, I finally decided to get rid of the watermark in the corner by activating with a new key. Only problem? It didn't work - gave me an error code, specifically error code...
  6. Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM not activating with a proper OEM key - Error Code: 0x803FA067

7. Can i move my OEM windows 11 pro license to another motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i move my OEM windows 11 pro license to another motherboard?: I want to move my windows 11 pro license that came with my pc. But now i want to upgrade the motherboard, can i move my license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-my-oem-windows-11-pro-license-to/14fb414f-c22e-420f-8b29-a83293943ad5
  8. Can i move my OEM windows 11 pro license to another motherboard?

Can i move my OEM windows 11 pro license to another motherboard?: I want to move my windows 11 pro license that came with my pc. But now i want to upgrade the motherboard, can i move my license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-my-oem-windows-11-pro-license-to/14fb414f-c22e-420f-8b29-a83293943ad5
  9. Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation: I understand that OEM keys are typically tied to hardware, and in the case of virtualization, to the virtual machine's parameters. I am concerned that if I need to reinstall macOS and delete my virtual machine, the OEM key may be assigned to that instance, which could prevent...
  10. Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation: I understand that OEM keys are typically tied to hardware, and in the case of virtualization, to the virtual machine's parameters. I am concerned that if I need to reinstall macOS and delete my virtual machine, the OEM key may be assigned to that instance, which could prevent...