Windows 10: OEM Ofiice 2019 & clean reinstall of Win 10

Discus and support OEM Ofiice 2019 & clean reinstall of Win 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm about to get a Dell laptop with (some version of) Win 10 Pro and Office 2019 installed. I suspect I will do a clean reinstall of Windows to remove... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pokeefe0001, Feb 18, 2021.

1. OEM Ofiice 2019 & clean reinstall of Win 10

I'm about to get a Dell laptop with (some version of) Win 10 Pro and Office 2019 installed. I suspect I will do a clean reinstall of Windows to remove bloatware and am not sure how to handle Office 2019. I'm not worried about the installation - I recently installed Office 2019 on another computer so I have the installation stuff for that - but the licensing is different so I suspect the activation process is different.

What step do I need to go through so I will still have the OEM license after the reinstall?

It's been 6 years since I last got an OEM version of Office (Office 2013 back then). I'm not sure I ever did a clean reinstall of Windows on that PC and even if I did, the process may have changed.

I have no idea what version of Windows will be on the laptop, but it's supposedly a new build from Dell so I assume it will be either 2004 or 20H2.

:)

pokeefe0001, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Feb 18, 2021
  4. OEM Ofiice 2019 & clean reinstall of Win 10

Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

OEM Ofiice 2019 & clean reinstall of Win 10

1. OEM Ofiice 2019 & clean reinstall of Win 10 - Similar Threads - OEM Ofiice 2019

2. Win 10 reinstall / clean install because experiencing slowness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 reinstall / clean install because experiencing slowness: Hi!I have self built pc. Asus prime-A z370 mb.nVidia 1050 latest version, 3d perfommance state.No i'm experiencing slowness and latency. Sound is crackling.I have tried to check hw, cheched all cables etc. Run ms maintenance stuff sfc, dism, chkdisk checkmem ...Changed...
  3. Win 10 Clean reinstall

Win 10 Clean reinstall: I was given a Dell computer running a licensed copy Win 10.. It had a software issue after an update last month, the "Blue Screen". I resolved the issue. The owner bought a new computer, rather than mess with it, and gave me it, provided I wipe the drive. I just have the...
  4. Reinstallation oem

Reinstallation oem: I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer from my parents for a few years ago there was a following dvd media that was supossed to be used only for reinstallation in...
  5. Clean reinstal Win 10

Clean reinstal Win 10: I am running the October 2019 update on my Wi9ndown computer and everything works fine but my computer (HP with Intel i7, 16MB RAM and 3TB HDD) is now nearly 5 years old and I want to do a cleanup by reformatting the hard disk and re-install windows. If I do that, will...
  6. Windows 10 OEM Clean Install

Windows 10 OEM Clean Install: I currently have windows 10 home. If I were to install an OEM version of windows 10 pro, would I have to do a clean install? I've read online that you have to do a clean install if you had windows 7 or 8.1, but do you have to if you already have windows 10? tldr; Already...
  7. win 10 oem

win 10 oem: Bonjour, je dispose d'un dvd win 10 famille oem 32 bits. Je change de carte mère. je dois installer win 10 famille 64 bits. Est ce possible avec ce dvd? merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oem/e43080ac-4b90-463e-9ce4-c8d7d82e2fe6
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. Product code for Win 10 Clean reinstall after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product code for Win 10 Clean reinstall after upgrade: I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO file from MS and burnt it to a DVD. It offers to install it as an upgrade over my Win 8.1 Pro installation on my PC. Once I have done this, can I then format the hard drive, and do a clean installation of Win 10 on the same...
  10. clean reinstallation on OEM machine and possible upgrade

clean reinstallation on OEM machine and possible upgrade: Hi I may have to get a new laptop (see other thread in General...). When I buy a laptop with an OEM (home) version of windows 10 can I do a clean reinstall by using the media creatiom tool/iso route using the OEM key? Can the OEM Home version of Windows 10 be...