Windows 10: OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

Discus and support OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Am I able to use an OEM product key on pirated windows and older windows? below windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bacon Hair, Jan 20, 2023.

1. OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

Am I able to use an OEM product key on pirated windows and older windows? below windows 10

:)

Bacon Hair, Jan 20, 2023
  2. karel Win User

Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Jan 20, 2023
  3. OneMoar Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

indeed OEM's have embedded keys a OEM upgrade is for machines with OEM copies and DO NOT COME WITH A KEY! sadly many vendors confuse the two because pre-windows 10 'OEM" came with a key
    a end user should always buy a Retail OR "System builder OEM" copy when it comes to windows 10 system builder is not `OEM` you can blame microsoft for the retarded terminology screw up

it sounds like the op bought a pirated copy with no key microsoft does not ship windows 10 on optical disks .... they use flash drives

OneMoar, Jan 20, 2023
  4. OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

1. OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows - Similar Threads - OEM Product Key

2. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  3. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  4. OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows: Am I able to use an OEM product key on pirated windows and older windows? below windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-product-key-on-pirated-windows/75ca2924-ee38-487a-9ff9-c514c3e1af43
  5. Windows OEM Product key uninstalling method

Windows OEM Product key uninstalling method: HiI have purchased a product key for my windows 10 online, which mentioned as RRetail license, later after installing windows, I checked it, it showd Volume_MAK channel which means it's an OEM product key and not Retail channel. How can I deactivate or uninstall OEM key from...
  6. Retail and OEM product keys

Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  7. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: Is it possible to retrieve my windows OEM product key when I purchase my HP Laptop way back in 2014 windows 8 pre-installed with the computer, upgraded to 10 when came out? I replaced my HD 2 years ago and I need to replace it again with SSD. I contacted HP support and he...
  8. OEM product Keys

OEM product Keys: i want to buy oem license key from amazon for my laptop is that ok ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-product-keys/63fba0b4-4c8e-432f-936f-05451ec28757
  9. Damaged OEM Windows Product Key sticker

Damaged OEM Windows Product Key sticker: Hello all - I bought my son a nice desktop pre installed with windows `0 OEM, I was a little heavy on the scratching and took a few characters out. I have tried what I believed to be all other characters, I know some are not applicable which reduced the variables, but no...
  10. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro (OEM) and installed it on my computer which currently has a windows 10 Home ( OEM ). Then i installed the windows 10 home to my laptop. However i can't activate the product key of the said OS. I get this error "We can't activate windows on...