Windows 10: OEM Product key will not validate after Windows 7 crash and second installation of Windows 10 N

Discus and support OEM Product key will not validate after Windows 7 crash and second installation of Windows 10 N in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 4 systems - 2 Windows 7, 10, and OSX Long story 1,I downloaded and installed Windows 10 in 2016 on my Windows 7 Home laptop. 2,My laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by totolehero, Dec 7, 2018.

1. OEM Product key will not validate after Windows 7 crash and second installation of Windows 10 N

I have 4 systems - 2 Windows 7, 10, and OSX
    Long story

1,I downloaded and installed Windows 10 in 2016 on my Windows 7 Home laptop.

2,My laptop crashed and could not self repair so I reinstalled Windows 7 from ASUS Recovery disks instead of go through the headaches of the Windows 10 installation again. I keep a clean computer and heavily component based firewall and this computer is off the internet most of the time.

3,In November 2018, I ran a hotfix from Microsoft to remove the impossible to remove Office 10 mounted partition and Office from installed program.

After the hotfix ran, it looked like everything was good. Then I ran cmd.exe to check my ip address for my off the internet local network. I got the infamous 0xc0000142 error. Not only on cmd.exe but other programs too.

I did not want headaches, so I went for a clean Windows 7 install, after the Microsoft Hotfix broke things.

When I tried to install from the OEM ASUS Recovery disks....hell no...I tried everything for two days...Safe mode you name it.
    I could not find my Windows 10 disk I burned so I downloaded and made an ISO DVD and after a few hours, managed to get the ASUS to read it and install Windows 10 N.

Now it will not activate. This is an OEM installation and I installed Windows 10 before. I have another laptop with Windows 10.

Now what?
    Am I going to be told that I have to pay again for Windows when that was installed on the laptop and Windows 10 was activated before?

:)

totolehero, Dec 7, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 7, 2018
  3. jsalpha2 Win User
    Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Dec 7, 2018
  4. EviLZeD Win User

OEM Product key will not validate after Windows 7 crash and second installation of Windows 10 N

activate windows 7 oem key

Ive installed windows 7 using retail disk but with an oem key it worked fine you can always change the key from right clicking my computer-properties then selecting change product key

EviLZeD, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

OEM Product key will not validate after Windows 7 crash and second installation of Windows 10 N

1. OEM Product key will not validate after Windows 7 crash and second installation of Windows 10 N - Similar Threads - OEM Product key

2. Check validity of Win10 Home OEM product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check validity of Win10 Home OEM product key?: Hi Folks,I'm having sufficient issues with my machine that I want to stop fighting with it and just nuke the drive and do a clean install of Windows 10. Problem is, it's an OEM Dell copy of Windows, and it came without a product key; no sticker on it anywhere. No disk either,...
  3. Check validity of Win10 Home OEM product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check validity of Win10 Home OEM product key?: Hi Folks,I'm having sufficient issues with my machine that I want to stop fighting with it and just nuke the drive and do a clean install of Windows 10. Problem is, it's an OEM Dell copy of Windows, and it came without a product key; no sticker on it anywhere. No disk either,...
  4. Check validity of Win10 Home OEM product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Oem Product key already used after windows installation

Oem Product key already used after windows installation: I recently bought a new computer, and bought a Windows 10 pro OEM product key. I then inserted the key and installed windows, with no error. After it was done installing, it rebooted and brought me back to the installer screen. I was confused but I just inserted the product...
  6. validation of windows product key

validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  7. product key for windows 10 pro n

product key for windows 10 pro n: [ATTACH] Please i don't know what to do now i tried lots of things to try to activate my windows this is the last thing i have got can anyone tell me what is going on?...
  8. Windows 10 Education Product Key Validation

Windows 10 Education Product Key Validation: I purchased a windows 10 education product key through a website called Kivuto 1 to 2 years ago. I can no longer download windows through this service and got told to contact Microsoft support. I can still view my product key and What I really want to know is can I download...
  9. Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot}

Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot}: Hi, I am currently running Windows 10 on my personal computer. I have a windows 7 Pro OEM software License from a computer I scrapped out a few years ago. I wanted to setup a dual boot and would like to use the product key to install windows 10 Insider but when I typed in...
  10. Windows product key validation

Windows product key validation: Hi, I had to replace daughters HP laptops hard drive. We have no backup or recovery disk. Purchased a HP recovery disk but it will not allow me to register Windows with MS. I was able to find a key in the BIOS. Would that be the original Windows key, and if so how do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 oem wont validate