Windows 10: OEM Reactivation with Local Account

Discus and support OEM Reactivation with Local Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I have a question If I purchase a laptop with Windows 10 that has an OEM license preinstalled, is a Microsoft account necessary to reactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LaurFlorin, Sep 27, 2019.

1. OEM Reactivation with Local Account

Hi.

I have a question

If I purchase a laptop with Windows 10 that has an OEM license preinstalled, is a Microsoft account necessary to reactivate

Windows 10 on the same computer after reinstallation or after minor hardware changes (apart from the motherboard)?

Or will it activate automatically upon OS reinstallation with a local account the same as it does with a Microsoft account?

Is the activation process independent of a Microsoft account?

Thank you!

:)

LaurFlorin, Sep 27, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2019
  4. OEM Reactivation with Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. OEM Reactivation with Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

OEM Reactivation with Local Account

1. OEM Reactivation with Local Account - Similar Threads - OEM Reactivation Local

2. How to activate windows on a local account when hardware is changed OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows on a local account when hardware is changed OEM: I have changed my hardware and I had a windows 10 OEM activation key. I want to use my desktop locally and not sign into a Microsoft account. Is there anyway I can activate windows again whilst staying on a local account?...
  3. How to activate windows on a local account when hardware is changed OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows on a local account when hardware is changed OEM: I have changed my hardware and I had a windows 10 OEM activation key. I want to use my desktop locally and not sign into a Microsoft account. Is there anyway I can activate windows again whilst staying on a local account?...
  4. Reactivating Windows on OEM Licensed Device?

Reactivating Windows on OEM Licensed Device?: Hello, I wanted to ask about this activation problem that kinda confuses me. So, I had ROG Strix G531GT with OEM licensed Windows 10 Home. After that, I bought Windows 10 Pro license from retail, obviously, activated it, and it said that the digital license is linked into my...
  5. ReActivation of Windows 10 Pro OEM

ReActivation of Windows 10 Pro OEM: Hello, For the past two days I have been trying to get Microsoft support only to be hung up on, brushed off and lied to. Microsoft your support sucks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-of-windows-10-pro-oem/c7faf52c-018a-4331-b0c6-128c8363b2fe
  6. Reactivating windows using OEM license

Reactivating windows using OEM license: Alright so my laptop has OEM license , I need to format the pc now but im afraid of losing the license if after the format. I just need to know can I reactivate my laptop after the format using the product key i have when i got the license ? If so i would like to know how...
  7. Reactivate Account

Reactivate Account: The system will deactivate my account on May 13, 2020, most features of Word will be disabled. I need to Reactivate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-account/7cd9d974-9e0b-4690-97f7-de726467609d
  8. How to reactivate W10 with a local account after replacing the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reactivate W10 with a local account after replacing the motherboard?: I clean installed Windows 1903 in May of last year, and followed a guide to run it with a local account, for privacy reasons. I already had a Microsoft account and had it linked to my copy of Windows 10 prior to that clean installation, as I had been using the same PC since...
  9. Account reactivation

Account reactivation: I cancelled my premium account about an hour ago. I've changed my mind and now want to reactivate it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-reactivation/030156ef-453c-45ec-b27f-56df1e78c3f8"
  10. Reactivate the OEM license on the new harddrive

Reactivate the OEM license on the new harddrive: Hello, My harddrive (which has the Win10 Pro OEM license pre-installed) died and I replace it myself with the new one. Now I reinstall Win10 and everything work fines so far, Windows tell me that my PC is activated, but more on that later. When I (re)installed Windows on...