Windows 10: OEM Reactivation with Local Account

Discus and support OEM Reactivation with Local Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I have a question If I purchase a laptop with Windows 10 that has an OEM license preinstalled, is a Microsoft account necessary to reactivate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LaurFlorin, Sep 27, 2019.

1. OEM Reactivation with Local Account

Hi.

I have a question

If I purchase a laptop with Windows 10 that has an OEM license preinstalled, is a Microsoft account necessary to reactivate

Windows 10 on the same computer after reinstallation or after minor hardware changes (apart from the motherboard)?

Or will it activate automatically upon OS reinstallation with a local account the same as it does with a Microsoft account?

Is the activation process independent of a Microsoft account?

Thank you!

:)

LaurFlorin, Sep 27, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2019
  4. OEM Reactivation with Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. OEM Reactivation with Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

OEM Reactivation with Local Account

1. OEM Reactivation with Local Account - Similar Threads - OEM Reactivation Local

2. local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local account: How can I change the name of a Local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account/6e627884-0d84-4afe-afec-c77b19a18b11
  3. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  4. Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account: Hi all sorry trouble you had my laptop stolen about 3 weeks was using a windows local account password windows 10 not sure witch version of windows i had it was the one with the password hint just looking for some advice are they really easy to get past the password for the...
  5. Account reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account reactivation: I cancelled my premium account about an hour ago. I've changed my mind and now want to reactivate it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-reactivation/030156ef-453c-45ec-b27f-56df1e78c3f8"
  6. Local Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Accounts: Hello all, I have had a problem signing into my local account on my pc because I am already signed into my Microsoft account instead. On the Settings > Accounts > Your account page, it doesn't give me an option to sign in using a local account, it only gives me the option to...
  7. Reactivate the OEM license on the new harddrive

Reactivate the OEM license on the new harddrive: Hello, My harddrive (which has the Win10 Pro OEM license pre-installed) died and I replace it myself with the new one. Now I reinstall Win10 and everything work fines so far, Windows tell me that my PC is activated, but more on that later. When I (re)installed Windows on...
  8. Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account: What is a "local account" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account/8e3c3fa1-dfcf-4b2e-903d-a9b8878765c9
  9. Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account: How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/local-account/dab14d7f-e91c-4317-8fc0-d412d41b2027"
  10. Reactivating Win10 info from MS - but is it OEM or RETAIL?

Reactivating Win10 info from MS - but is it OEM or RETAIL?: Greetings. After reading this info from Microsoft, I'm unsure if my RETAIL Windows 10 Pro can be used next time I build a gamer-PC. I bought a Win8 Pro RETAIL when it was new, and this is the licens I have upgrated to Windows 10. This info from Microsoft explain how to...