Windows 10: OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

Discus and support OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I own an HP 14 AC 016ne. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 originally. I had upgraded the Windows to Windows 10 pro with my own licence key that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by haiderijaz, May 8, 2017.

1. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

I own an HP 14 AC 016ne. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 originally. I had upgraded the Windows to Windows 10 pro with my own licence key that I had purchased separately. I had also resized my hard drive but I never changed or touched any other partitions on it.

Now, I am planning to sell it and I want to restore it to its factory state with the windows 8.1. However, I am unable to do so. The OEM Recovery partition is intact in the GPT partition system. It's of 20 G.B. I have searched alot and all I am getting is the option to mark the drive as active which is not possible in GPT partition scheme as far as I understand. I have tried to boot into HP recovery manager using F11 key at startup but the only two options greyed out in the recovery manager relate to restoring of factory image.

Please help me out as I have tried everything and I am not able to find a way to restore the factory state.

Thanks in advance.

:)

haiderijaz, May 8, 2017
  2. Nirbhayk Win User

recovery oem partition

actually sir i will purchased hp comapny laptop with windows10 os accidently delete oem partition how to recover those oem recovery partition

Nirbhayk, May 8, 2017
  3. In Windows 10 how to reset id of partition 7 to partition 5

I have HP laptop and there were some reserved partition on the system without any name. Using diskpart command I deleted those partitions but now my d drive the oem recovery drive is showing as partition 7 where it should be 5. How can I change it without
    formatting or deleting the drive. I don't want the recovery drive to be effected.

Thank you...

LopamudraPattnaik, May 8, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

Hold down shift key and click on restart from the power menu to enter the recovery environment. Somewhere in those menus should be the option to reset Windows. That might restore the factory Windows 8.

Otherwise , boot the computer from the recovery drive you created when the computer was still loaded with the factory Windows 8.

NavyLCDR, May 8, 2017
  5. I didn't create any recovery drive. It is just in my system right now in the windows 10 as a OEM Recovery Partition. It contains all the data.

The recovery environment has disabled the option to factory reset for some odd reason which I am assuming is due to the fact that I resized my C drive when I installed Windows 10 on it.

As for the reset option, I did try it but it only reset it to Windows 10.
    What I want to do is to use this OEM recovery partition and restore it to factory state.

haiderijaz, May 8, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I didn't create any recovery drive. It is just in my system right now in the windows 10 as a OEM Recovery Partition. It contains all the data.

On an HP laptop, which I have too, you can create a recovery drive one time, in lieu of factory restore discs. So, if you've never done it (it won't let you continue, if you have and forgot), try to do it now. In search, type 'Create a recovery drive'. Check 'backup system files' box, Next and follow prompts. If your orig Recovery Drive (usually D) has been untouched, you may be able to boot from the usb and do a factory restore from that.

mrgeek, May 8, 2017
  7. Thank you for your reply here.

The thing is as I have read on internet and hp's website as well, we cannot create a recovery drive with windows 10 as Microsoft has some reservations of its own and it follows its own method. So I am assuming if I try this, I will only be able to create a recovery drive with Windows 10's own recovery partition and not the factory image.

haiderijaz, May 8, 2017
  8. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

Sorry, but Upgrading your HP to Win10 is known to corrupt the HP recovery information such that no reset will work, anymore.

To reset it now, you will need to contact the HP Support Forums to find out how to order HP Recovery Media.

Mark Phelps, May 8, 2017
  9. I am so thankful to you guys. Been in IT since 2000 and only at an age of 25, I have consulted many forums for help but I haven't found such a helpful community receiving such quick replies. *Smile

haiderijaz, May 8, 2017
  10. mrgeek Win User
    If the idea is to preserve your purchased Win10 key for use on your next device and to prep the current for sale or gifting, then download a Win 8.1 iso and just clean install or update the OS with it. Have your key on hand, if needed but should be able to skip this step..

mrgeek, May 9, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Download windows 8 media creation tool, create bootable usb drive, boot from it, select custom install, and install Windows 8.1.

Download Windows 8.1

cereberus, May 9, 2017
  12. What you are suggesting, will install Windows 8.1 but how am I going to register it with a key when the key in it was embedded in BIOS at that time?
    Secondly all the software that came with it will be gone.

haiderijaz, May 9, 2017
  13. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

This is a tough realization. I can't order hp recovery mediaa. I am in Pakistan and there is no official store here.
    I have hope. I read this other thread where a moderator named khiy (not sure about the name) helped the guy to fix his acer recovery. So, I have this feeling it might be possible somehow *Sad

haiderijaz, May 9, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    If key is in bios, installing Windows 8 from iso will activate automatically.

cereberus, May 9, 2017
  15. Fafhrd Win User
    Firstly see here:

ShowKeyPlus - - Windows 10 Forums

- download the utility, and talk to Superfly after you run ShowkeyPlus, which should be able to show the Windows 8.1 embedded key.

Secondly kihy's recovery tools:

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - - Windows 10 Forums

- contain certain partition tools that may help you to open the HP recovery volume and restore the factory settings - ask in that thread how you can go about it.

Recovery partitions are special types:

https://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/partitio...n_types-1.html

You may need to check on a HP forum about your particular OEM recovery drive, but first go to HP support page and find the recovery manager for your model - the nearest I could find was on:

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

You need to find the correct package for your model.

Keep us posted.

This also may be able to open the OEM recovery software

Fafhrd, May 9, 2017
Thema:

OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

1. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop - Similar Threads - OEM Recovery Partition

2. Clean install + keep HP recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install + keep HP recovery partition: Hi there,so i bought a new HP pc and it came pre-installed with an activated Windows 11 *Home* and a bunch of bloatware.I have a Windows 11 *Pro* Retail USB-stick/license, so i plan to do a clean install with it.Now, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to keep the HP...
  3. Clean install + keep HP recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install + keep HP recovery partition: Hi there,so i bought a new HP pc and it came pre-installed with an activated Windows 11 *Home* and a bunch of bloatware.I have a Windows 11 *Pro* Retail USB-stick/license, so i plan to do a clean install with it.Now, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to keep the HP...
  4. How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection: I'm curious and just trying to learn. Does anyone have any idea how the system OEMs and/or Microsoft implement the individual folder protection on the recovery partition? Most of the folders have a life preserver icon, and when you enter them, Explorer shows a warning...
  5. Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Recovery, OEM partition from past Windows Insider: [IMG] so here the thing, i had my daily windows 10 installed on Disk 0 (SSD) (C: OS 10), and i installed more windows on the same device (dual boot) on Disk 1 (Harddisk) and become insider ( i shrink and create new partition from E: SAFE partition ), after long use, i decide...
  6. restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver: Hey, I backed up the recovery partition on my HP desktop computer to free up some space now need to recover the PC. My issue is I dont know how to put the recovery partition back so that I can run the recovery. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Any help would...
  7. Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?: Hi: Will Win10 automatically "optimize" my SSD "Recovery" drive on schedule? I have reviewed this excellent tutorial (Optimize Drives Schedule Settings - Change in Windows 10) The System Drive and Data Drive are being automatically optimized (TRIM for the SSD and...
  8. Laptop Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Recovery Partition: I recently updated my Toshiba Satellite from Win 8.1 to Win 10. And everything seems to be running smoothly. My question is, how to have the recovery partition with Win 10 and not Win 8.1? Please remember the KISS principle *chuckle 40235
  9. HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?: Hi, I have the Pavilion 15 with a SSD + HDD. The HP Recovery Partition is on the HDD. For my own comfort I deleted the SSD Partition and did a clean Windows 10 install, from an image grabbed on microsoft.com. I left the Recovery Partition AS IS. My questions...
  10. HP laptop - Can't access to Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop - Can't access to Recovery partition: Hi there. I tried to install Manjaro Linux first and than Fedora 25 on my laptop, but after that I was not able to boot Windows anymore neither to access the Recovery hitting F11 at the boot. Furthermore, I couldn't find any Windows entry hitting F9. I think the problem is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp tools partition restore oem