Windows 10: OEm to Retail upgrade

Discus and support OEm to Retail upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have a notebook that officialy installed windows 10 Home edition in it, with OEM license. so i can not move the windows to other device when this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AwanGunawan, Jan 20, 2020.

1. OEm to Retail upgrade

i have a notebook that officialy installed windows 10 Home edition in it, with OEM license. so i can not move the windows to other device when this notebook is broken. if i upgrade it to Pro from Microsoft store, then does my Windows license will change to Retail "Full Packaged Product"?

:)

AwanGunawan, Jan 20, 2020

2. oem to retail

I recently bought a windows 10 oem version and had meant to buy a retail version, the license has not been activated or used at all, is it possible to pay some extra to upgrade to a retail version?

FrankUnger1, Jan 20, 2020
  3. windows oem and retail

Maybe buy it from Microsoft & not a local shop ?

Get Windows 10 | Microsoft

DavidBaileyyz, Jan 20, 2020
  4. OEm to Retail upgrade

Windows 8.1 OEM to Retail upgrade

There is no difference in use or function between OEM or Retail, unless you want to transfer the Retail license to another computer at some time in the future if your computer fails.

You can't transfer OEM licenses; Retail you can.

But why waste money now?

And it is not an upgrade; they are different licenses.

Microsoft no longer sells 8.1.

You'd have to look on amazon.com, etc.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

OEm to Retail upgrade

1. OEm to Retail upgrade - Similar Threads - OEm Retail upgrade

2. Windows - Retail or OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows - Retail or OEM: Hi! I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should I buy - OEM or Retail. Someone tells me: To be legal you need to buy Retail. Why OEM is not legal in this case?...
  3. OEM or Retail Windows?

OEM or Retail Windows?: Hello Microsoft Community! I changed my laptop's drive from HDD to SDD to make it faster and because my laptop is experiencing some problems that frequently brings me to the Windows Blue Screen of Death. Since I can no longer make a bootable USB device to reinstall windows...
  4. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  5. Retail oem products

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Retail oem products: So impressed i was with the price and reviews for an ASUS vivobook notebook laptop i bought one for my son going into 6th form at school and i went back to ARGOS in Sainsburys and bought another one for myself . Problems arose when files started to disappear and then whole...
  6. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  7. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  8. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  9. oem to retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oem to retail: I recently bought a windows 10 oem version and had meant to buy a retail version, the license has not been activated or used at all, is it possible to pay some extra to upgrade to a retail version?...
  10. Using an OEM version and want to upgrade to a retail version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using an OEM version and want to upgrade to a retail version: There's a good chance that my computer will need major new parts and I'm afraid that it will not activate when fixes. I would like to use the operation system that I already configured to my liking. Can I buy a retail version of Windows 10 and just use that new key to...