Windows 10: OEM version of OS moved to another machine

Discus and support OEM version of OS moved to another machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I move Win10 Home installed as OEM to another machine?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by danka01, Feb 12, 2020.

1. danka01 Win User

OEM version of OS moved to another machine

Can I move Win10 Home installed as OEM to another machine?

:)

danka01, Feb 12, 2020
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    OEM Version of MS Xp?

Key word there is upgrade. It's the upgrade version. OEM doesn't require the earlier OS.

Wile E, Feb 12, 2020
  4. OEM version of OS moved to another machine

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

OEM version of OS moved to another machine

1. OEM version of OS moved to another machine - Similar Threads - OEM version moved

2. How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?: I have a old laptop on which I am doing some cleaning from the software side. I want to install Windows the retail way instead of the OEM way, without actually buying a copy of Windows, because I already have while buying this laptop....
  3. How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a non-OEM version of Windows on a OEM machine?: I have a old laptop on which I am doing some cleaning from the software side. I want to install Windows the retail way instead of the OEM way, without actually buying a copy of Windows, because I already have while buying this laptop....
  4. Moving of OS from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving of OS from one laptop to another: My laptop is almost dead. It has Windows 10 OS. I have another laptop, which is in decent condition. How do I move Windows license from broken laptop to a new laptop?...
  5. Move OEM Window 10 key to virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move OEM Window 10 key to virtual machine: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop from a 3rd party reseller. There are no Windows disks or hard-copy product keys It came with Windows 10 Professional, OEM_DM channel Running the command slmgr.vbs -dlv give information on the license, including the installation ID and...
  6. Move hard drive to another machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move hard drive to another machine: I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine would there be any issues in doing so? I have the COA and...
  7. Move Installation To Another Machine

Move Installation To Another Machine: So, I really need to move my installation to another machine, the machine it is currently off is flaky and has a couple of hardware issues. I run a dual drive setup with my user profile on another drive. I cloned the drives, just in case, and used the clones to attempt to...
  8. Can't move my OS to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move my OS to another drive: Trying to move Windows 10 from my 120GB SSD to a new 500 GB SSD, but I'm getting an error: Windows did not find any disk which it can use for recreating volumes present in backup. (0x80042414) Here's what I've tried so far: Following these instructions, I've created a...
  9. Moving all Virtual machines to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving all Virtual machines to another drive: I have to move all of my virtual machines to a new SSD because the old SSD is out of space. Is it best to use this -> Move Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 procedure to move all of my virtual system to another physical drive one by one ? Also once they are moved, will...
  10. Re-using a OEM Windows copy on another machine?

Re-using a OEM Windows copy on another machine?: Hey, apologies if I don't know how to explain the problem real well, bit of an unusual case. I've recently put together a PC for a family member, and thought instead of buying another copy of Windows outright, I thought I'de try to use an OEM copy of Windows 7 that I...