Windows 10: OEM VS generic GPU driver

Discus and support OEM VS generic GPU driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I wanna know something should i download the driver for my laptop's GPU from the laptop manufacturer's site or from the GPU manufacturer's site,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ezz el din, Feb 23, 2020.

1. OEM VS generic GPU driver

Hi,

I wanna know something should i download the driver for my laptop's GPU from the laptop manufacturer's site or from the GPU manufacturer's site, like for example i have a Dell laptop with a Radeon GPU and an Intel GPU, so should i go to Dell's site and download the driver or should i go to AMD and Intel's site and download the driver or it doesn't matter both are the same.

Thanks,

:)

ezz el din, Feb 23, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Feb 23, 2020
  3. How to enable generic audio driver

Hi John,

Driver compatibility may vary depending on the model and version of the driver and system that you're using. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you restore the previous driver version by performing a roll back. To do this follow
    the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Locate sound driver by clicking the drop-down arrow to expand one of the categories.
    • Right-click on the installed driver and then select Properties.
    • Under the display driver properties window, select the Driver tab.
    • Select Roll Back Driver...
    • Select OK.

If the option is greyed out, try reinstalling the driver by repeating steps
    1 to 4 then select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall a native driver.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

OEM VS generic GPU driver

generic Generic pnp monitor Driver

Hi Saaketh,

The error message Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card likely occurs due to outdated or corrupted graphic card driver. To better assist you, kindly provide the answers to the
    following questions:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we recommend that you update your driver by following the steps provided on this
    link. The article will provide you step by step instruction to update your device driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

OEM VS generic GPU driver

1. OEM VS generic GPU driver - Similar Threads - OEM generic GPU

2. Generic USB drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic USB drivers: I accidentally deleted my generic USB driver and now my mouse and keyboard don't work. I am on windows 10,I tried powering it off then powering it back on but it still didn't automatically update the drivers,PLS HELP...
  3. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  4. Windows 10 drivers vs OEM drivers laptop user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 drivers vs OEM drivers laptop user: Hello Team! I've old laptop Lenovo Y50-70 and i'm using drivers provided from Lenovo. Windows somehow decide to update some of them, but the version that is finally updated are not listed at official OEM drivers. In this case at Lenovo site under my laptop model. Here is an...
  5. W10 generic chipset drivers vs Intel very old ones

W10 generic chipset drivers vs Intel very old ones: Good day. A stupid question. What's better?: Leave some chipset components drivers as default, as per w10 installation (generic LPC chipset, pci to pci brigde, etc) or install Intel chipset drivers even if those are very old (2013). Thus, for instance, LPC driver becomes...
  6. Activation vs. OEM key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation vs. OEM key: I am intending to purchase a new Windows 10 key, since I purchased a new motherboard that was apart of a custom build. What is the exact difference between these two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-vs-oem-key/83e32b8f-37cb-4704-9588-06f17650c81a
  7. generic microsft driver

generic microsft driver: I have a generic Microsoft driver How do I get the write one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-microsft-driver/135bb680-a1d7-4bb9-9551-6c9d235c3ca8
  8. Generic Audio Driver

Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  9. OEM VS retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  10. Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver

Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver: Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation windows, audio has been...