Windows 10: OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?

Discus and support OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, so i was wondering if my OEM version of Windows 10 would allow me to dual boot install Ubuntu linux alongside Windows, and still keep its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZachWax, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ZachWax Win User

OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?

Hello, so i was wondering if my OEM version of Windows 10 would allow me to dual boot install Ubuntu linux alongside Windows, and still keep its activation. Is this possible?

:)

ZachWax, Dec 27, 2018
  2. dcf-joe Win User

dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_windows_xp_and_linux_xp_installed_first.htm (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Installation of Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 14 Dual Boot

Hi

Please help with Installation of Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 14 Dual Boot.

Thanks

Windows10ProUbuntu14, Dec 27, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu? - Similar Threads - OEM win10 pro

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  5. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  6. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...
  7. Remove Ubuntu dual-boot

Remove Ubuntu dual-boot: I currently have a Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10 that also has Ubuntu installed on it as well. I would like to remove Ubuntu and restore the default Windows boot manager. Right now, it's currently doing a Windows 10 reset (Remove all files from all drives and clean them),...
  8. Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?

Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?: I currently dual boot win7 home premium and win10 pro TP. my question is if I upgrade or clean install over win7 will I be able to keep the win10 installation. Also want to know if I clean install win10, can I use my win7 key so I get the correct version(Home)? Also if I...
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...