Windows 10: OEM WIN10

Discus and support OEM WIN10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TPPH, Nov 21, 2020.

1. TPPH Win User

OEM WIN10

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license?

:)

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Nov 21, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

OEM WIN10

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

OEM WIN10

1. OEM WIN10 - Similar Threads - OEM WIN10

2. Is windows 10 OEM Win10 pro eligible for virtualization without breaking terms of use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 10 OEM Win10 pro eligible for virtualization without breaking terms of use?: Hello,I have read about windows licenses over the past day, however I don't feel like the information on the internet is quite informative.Therefore I hope to find someone who knows about licensing terms for windows :I have a PC that came with an OEM Windows 10 license.Can I...
  3. Is windows 10 OEM Win10 pro eligible for virtualization without breaking terms of use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 10 OEM Win10 pro eligible for virtualization without breaking terms of use?: Hello,I have read about windows licenses over the past day, however I don't feel like the information on the internet is quite informative.Therefore I hope to find someone who knows about licensing terms for windows :I have a PC that came with an OEM Windows 10 license.Can I...
  4. Is windows 10 OEM Win10 pro eligible for virtualization without breaking terms of use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft: I have a hp laptop 2015 that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I purchased an upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro in 2016 and upgraded the Hp laptop to Windows 10 Pro in 2016 itself. Since them i have been using it.Now i want to reinstall my windows 10 on the same HP...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft

Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft: I have a hp laptop 2015 that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I purchased an upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro in 2016 and upgraded the Hp laptop to Windows 10 Pro in 2016 itself. Since them i have been using it.Now i want to reinstall my windows 10 on the same HP...
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  9. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  10. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation