Windows 10: OEM WIN10

Discus and support OEM WIN10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TPPH, Nov 21, 2020.

1. TPPH Win User

OEM WIN10

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license?

:)

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Nov 21, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

OEM WIN10

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

OEM WIN10

1. OEM WIN10 - Similar Threads - OEM WIN10

2. Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally bought an oem win10, can i still use it?: I was building a computer for my GFs dad and bought all the parts on Newegg. Without realizing it i bought a non-refundable version of windows that came in a small white sleeve titled: Win home 10 64-bit english 1pk dsp oei dvd. Theres red tape on the envelope that warns...
  3. Win8 OEM is now Win10 OEM??? How Come?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win8 OEM is now Win10 OEM??? How Come?: So, I did that thing again where you go back to what your PC came with, in my case it is Win8.1, and then you feel bored so you upgrade to Windows 10 again. I remember doing this three times so far--and last two times I did not see Windows 8 OEM license shown as OEM in...
  4. Question if im going from the win10 home demo can i upgrade to the win10 pro oem key

Question if im going from the win10 home demo can i upgrade to the win10 pro oem key: submitted by /u/AsianKidTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f60fm7/question_if_im_going_from_the_win10_home_demo_can/
  5. Win10 1909 install on new M.2 SSD - move Recovery OEM Partition from beginning to end of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1909 install on new M.2 SSD - move Recovery OEM Partition from beginning to end of...: I installed a new 2TB M.2 SSD to replace my 1TB SATA SSD as my boot/primary OS drive and did a new Win10 1909 install on it. It created a 529 MB Recovery OEM Partition at the front of the drive followed by the EFI partition and then the Boot/Primary/Win partition. I know...
  6. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.: My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will help it feel brand new again. My question is, can I use my current key again? I have an OEM key which has been activated. Is...
  7. upgrade win7 oem to win10 how do i transfer my mail over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win7 oem to win10 how do i transfer my mail over: I'm currently using the microsoft essentials 12 windows live mail 2012 for my emails and i love it. I have to upgrade to windows 10 but cannot find help (except old help where the links are disconnected). I can't see how my emails all stored in folders are going to transfer...
  8. Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux: I want to wipe my HDD and clean-install Win10 (1809) as sole OS. Currently have Win10 and Linux Mint 18.3 as dual boot. The Win10 partition has been corrupted so I won't be doing a restore or upgrade, just a new installation. I did try Shawn Brink's tutorial on doing a...
  9. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro: i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10...
  10. Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation

Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation: I upgraded my wife's (old) Sony Vaio laptop running an OEM copy of Windows Vista Professional to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool. However, the original product key from the MS label is repeatedly not accepted as valid. So in my case the hardware is the same...