Windows 10: OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

Discus and support OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running a virtual PC on my Mac Mini using Parallels. I purchased a WIndows 10 Pro OEM activation key which has worked perfectly for over a year.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Sparks1, Nov 28, 2023.

1. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

I am running a virtual PC on my Mac Mini using Parallels. I purchased a WIndows 10 Pro OEM activation key which has worked perfectly for over a year. The virtual machine crashed and I needed to rebuild it. I now can’t active the same key that I have been using up to now. I get a message “The product key you entered didn’t work”. Same host machine.Help!

:)

Tony Sparks1, Nov 28, 2023

2. Parallels virtual machine

I installed a Parallels virtual machine onto my MacBook pro. I used my windows 10 License key to activate windows.

The virtual machine became corrupted and had to be deactivated and removed. Now I cannot log back into my windows account as my license key is still logged against my deleted parallels virtual machine. Is there a way to overcome this?

Bruce Demont, Nov 28, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Nov 28, 2023
  4. aasim1111 Win User

OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

1. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - OEM activation key

2. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine: I am running a virtual PC on my Mac Mini using Parallels. I purchased a WIndows 10 Pro OEM activation key which has worked perfectly for over a year. The virtual machine crashed and I needed to rebuild it. I now can’t active the same key that I have been using up to now. I...
  3. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine: I am running a virtual PC on my Mac Mini using Parallels. I purchased a WIndows 10 Pro OEM activation key which has worked perfectly for over a year. The virtual machine crashed and I needed to rebuild it. I now can’t active the same key that I have been using up to now. I...
  4. Cannot Activate Windows 10 on Rebuilt Machine

Cannot Activate Windows 10 on Rebuilt Machine: Swapped my motherboard and PSU after a power supply failure.Now I can't activate my copy of Windows. Never had an issue like this before. I've used my digital license properly and it's worked fine.I've tried every solution I can find with the Activation troubleshooter and the...
  5. Cannot Activate Windows 10 on Rebuilt Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Activate Windows 10 on Rebuilt Machine: Swapped my motherboard and PSU after a power supply failure.Now I can't activate my copy of Windows. Never had an issue like this before. I've used my digital license properly and it's worked fine.I've tried every solution I can find with the Activation troubleshooter and the...
  6. Cannot Activate Windows 10 on Rebuilt Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Activate Windows 10 on virtual machine

Activate Windows 10 on virtual machine: I have recently installed windows 10 on VirtualBox on my genuine licensed windows 10 home edition, The virtual machine says that the windows 10 I have downloaded does not have a license key for the home edition, am I not understanding how to overcome this, and I don't want to...
  8. OEM key activation on Windows 10 machines

OEM key activation on Windows 10 machines: Hi ! I am to buy a Windows 10 license, but I am not sure if I should buy the retail OEM key or not. Because Microsoft stated OEM keys are non-transferrable; but I am more concerned when I have to changed my motherboard. My PC is currently 8 years old, and if the motherboard...
  9. Windows 10 Activation in Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation in Virtual Machine: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro running on my desktop and would like to do some experiments on it in a virtual environment. Is it possible to use the same activation key for a second time in my virtual environment? It will be running on the same host machine as the already...
  10. Parallels virtual machine

Parallels virtual machine: I installed a Parallels virtual machine onto my MacBook pro. I used my windows 10 License key to activate windows. The virtual machine became corrupted and had to be deactivated and removed. Now I cannot log back into my windows account as my license key is still logged...