Windows 10: OEM Windows 10 license converstion to KMS (Volume Licensing) without any cost ?

Discus and support OEM Windows 10 license converstion to KMS (Volume Licensing) without any cost ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need to understand if OEM licenses can be changed to volume licensing without any additional cost ? Here is the scenario : An organization is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sourabh_MCSE, Jul 10, 2019.

1. OEM Windows 10 license converstion to KMS (Volume Licensing) without any cost ?

Need to understand if OEM licenses can be changed to volume licensing without any additional cost ?

Here is the scenario :

An organization is purchasing LAPTOPs with Windows 10 pro pre-installed and then they wipe out the operating system and install windows 10 pro using Microsoft SCCM, which get activated through KMS.

:)

Sourabh_MCSE, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 OEM License cost

what is the cost of a windows 10 OEM license plan for a small business?

TonySaporetti, Jul 10, 2019
  3. jh8z79u5 Win User
    Volume Licensing / Divestment question

Hello,

We are currently going through an asset sale and have a question regarding transitioning when the third-party takes ownership.

The following are charactistics of our environment:

• We are a Microsoft volume licensing enterprise enviroment
    • Deploy the volume license distribution of Microsoft desktop OS's and servers's OS
    • Have centralized KMS Server and implement volume MAC keys (for special purposes)
    What we know the third-party company is:

• Are a lot smaller company
    • They do not have an Enterprise Agreement, no any volume licensing
    • No KMS/MAC licenses
    • They deploy OEM/Product licenses within their enviornment, they enter product keys per device deployment is my understanding
    So we need to eventually remove these computers off our domain, and eventually off our network.

some of my concerns are:

• Would they need to reimage their Servers/Desktops to a FPP (Full Packaged Product) or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) distribution copy of the operating system?
    • The goal is to keep some Servers/Desktops operational, but once removed from our Domain and network the KMS count down begins (I believe 180 days)
    • Can a volume license install of an OS be converted/or have the ability to accept FPP/OEM product keys?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

jh8z79u5, Jul 10, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

OEM Windows 10 license converstion to KMS (Volume Licensing) without any cost ?

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

OEM Windows 10 license converstion to KMS (Volume Licensing) without any cost ?

1. OEM Windows 10 license converstion to KMS (Volume Licensing) without any cost ? - Similar Threads - OEM license converstion

2. Windows 10 Pro License Expiry Error on Volume KMS Client - "Your Windows License Will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License Expiry Error on Volume KMS Client - "Your Windows License Will...: I am experiencing an issue with a Windows 10 Pro desktop. The computer keeps displaying a pop-up message stating, "Your Windows License will expire soon." This message appears upon starting or restarting the computer. Here are the system details: Edition: Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Expiry Error on Volume KMS Client - "Your Windows License Will...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Expiry Error on Volume KMS Client - "Your Windows License Will...: I am experiencing an issue with a Windows 10 Pro desktop. The computer keeps displaying a pop-up message stating, "Your Windows License will expire soon." This message appears upon starting or restarting the computer. Here are the system details: Edition: Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume License vs OEM License: Hi Team,In my organization, We have volume licence for my windows clients, Windows 10 enterprise, Pro, Etc.. > Can i a buy a bare metal laptop from vendor and use my company image and key to activate my laptop>Or do i need to buy device with operating system. >Is it mandatory...
  5. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume License vs OEM License: Hi Team,In my organization, We have volume licence for my windows clients, Windows 10 enterprise, Pro, Etc.. > Can i a buy a bare metal laptop from vendor and use my company image and key to activate my laptop>Or do i need to buy device with operating system. >Is it mandatory...
  6. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Resetting the PC will remove KMS back to OEM license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting the PC will remove KMS back to OEM license?: That is just a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-the-pc-will-remove-kms-back-to-oem/b2acec3b-10df-49b1-9bd4-f14f03a2f093
  8. Resetting the PC will remove KMS back to OEM license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting the PC will remove KMS back to OEM license?: That is just a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-the-pc-will-remove-kms-back-to-oem/b2acec3b-10df-49b1-9bd4-f14f03a2f093
  9. How to tell if Windows 10 license is OEM, Retail or Volume (MAK/KMS)

in Windows 10 News
    How to tell if Windows 10 license is OEM, Retail or Volume (MAK/KMS): [ATTACH] We all have heard about Windows Keys all the time. This Product Key activates Windows on your computer so you can use it without any limitation. There are multiple places from where you can buy a Windows key. It can [...] This post How to tell if Windows 10 license...
  10. What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows: [ATTACH] Microsoft wants to make sure that every Windows 10 that is used is activated i.e. marked as genuine. When a copy of Windows is activated it goes through a check. The way a copy of Windows is activated differently from each [...] This post What are KMS and MAK Volume...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove OEM license with a KMS