Windows 10: OEM Windows 10 Upgrades

Discus and support OEM Windows 10 Upgrades in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is a link from Corrine at Security Garden with links to OEM vendors support information for Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Phone Man, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Phone Man Win User

OEM Windows 10 Upgrades

Phone Man, Aug 21, 2015

2. PC keeps crashing

Yes, the upgrade to Windows 10 inherited the type of licence (OEM etc) from the original Windows 7 licence.

MarkInKent, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Licensing

I had purchased a dell inspiron laptop 7520 in 2013 preinstalled with Windows 8 Single Language OEM.

After an year I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and Recently i had upgraded to windows 10 via media creator tool.

Before upgrading i was having an OEM version of windows 8.1 but after upgrading to windows 10 it got converted to Retail version. Just want to know that is it normal or the OEM version of windows becomes Non-OEM after upgrading of Windows?

Ayush Upadhyaya, Aug 21, 2015
  4. OEM Windows 10 Upgrades

Well now I can rest a little easier knowing that my Notebook is officially supported however there is only updates to the ATK Package and ASUS Splendid and some drivers and software can only be found on the original recovery partition thus making a clean install impossible.

IownAmoneyPit, Aug 21, 2015
  5. gator2013 Win User
    Great Post and Info.

Funny though, my HP Desktop is 20 months old, when purchased from HP Store (12/13) it was pre-loaded with W8.0. Marketing material from HP highlighted the option to upgrade to W 8.1. 3 days after purchase when upgrading to 8.1 a message popped up on screen saying my PC had not been tested for W8.1. Fortunately the upgrade to went smoothly, a few glitches but nothing serious and as you might expect, HP tells me this same PC has not been tested with W10. I don't think you can rely 100% on anything any of these companies say.
    I did upgrade my 6 month old HP notebook from 8.1 to 10 and except for 40-60 errors with every restart it runs OK but I sure wouldn't rely on it for my one and only PC, not yet anyway.

gator2013, Aug 21, 2015
  6. I've done a clean install on my ASUS K75DE laptop. Everything works as it should. ATK, Smart Gesture, and CCC all installed via Windows update. Asus doesn't list any Windows 10 downloads for my model. Nada.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OEM Windows 10 Upgrades

1. OEM Windows 10 Upgrades - Similar Threads - OEM Upgrades

2. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11: Hello,I'm switching up some of my computers parts and I need to know if I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will it be a retail version of 11 so that I can transfer it to a new motherboard....
  6. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11: Hello,I'm switching up some of my computers parts and I need to know if I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will it be a retail version of 11 so that I can transfer it to a new motherboard....
  7. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  9. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  10. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...