Windows 10: OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

Discus and support OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Lenovo laptop was pre-installed with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11 when the manufacturer released the same. It was working fine until about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KunalRoy2712, Jan 28, 2022.

1. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

My Lenovo laptop was pre-installed with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11 when the manufacturer released the same. It was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly after booting the laptop, I started getting messages that dll files are corrupted/damaged, through sfc/ scannow and the Malwarebytes malware protection switched off. I ran MS Defender offline/ Malwarebytes/ MS ssafety scanner scans, but nothing was detected. But now most apps won't start, and the OS isn't updating, with an error code 0x800700C1. Would appreciate any help.

:)

KunalRoy2712, Jan 28, 2022

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 28, 2022
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jan 28, 2022
  4. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

App's and system file corruption

Hi Nassin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

Please follow the methods mentioned below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key and R key together
      to open the Run Window.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter key for the command to execute.

Method 2:

You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.
    Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: Run
    SFC
    scan.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption
    SFC /Scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

To perform SFC scan, follow the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 4:

Please try creating a new user profile and check.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Go to Family & other users.
    • On the right side select other users. Follow the on screen command.

Please refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

1. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted. - Similar Threads - OEM system files

2. WIndows 11 - System FIles Corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 11 - System FIles Corrupted?: Hello,I am having issues with Windows 11. It has started randomly closing programs on me for no apparent reason. I have run an updates virus scan which comes back clean. I have tried to run DISM and SFC functions both of which fail. I have also tried to reinstall windows 11...
  3. WIndows 11 - System FIles Corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 11 - System FIles Corrupted?: Hello,I am having issues with Windows 11. It has started randomly closing programs on me for no apparent reason. I have run an updates virus scan which comes back clean. I have tried to run DISM and SFC functions both of which fail. I have also tried to reinstall windows 11...
  4. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.: My Lenovo laptop was pre-installed with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11 when the manufacturer released the same. It was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly after booting the laptop, I started getting messages that dll files are corrupted/damaged, through...
  5. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  6. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  7. Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Damaged/Corrupted files after dropping laptop: Hello everyone, apologies if this is potentially the wrong topic I unfortunately dropped my laptop say 1 meter this morning. I booted my laptop back up as I was going to be using it and it started checking the c drive. It finished and everything seemed to be fine. Was able...
  8. Corrupt or Damaged File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt or Damaged File: I was working on a Word Document when I got the blue screen (stopcode) that indicates that there was an issue with my computer and it shuts down. After getting logged back in, I tried to open my Word document again, but suddenly I am getting this error: [ATTACH] I tried...
  9. Windows 10 Corrupted / Damaged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Corrupted / Damaged: A few times now I have had a (or what looks like) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to avoid my files being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a high pitched beeping that is really annoying. I think it is spam but, I...
  10. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....