Windows 10: OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation

Discus and support OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Community, I have a Lenovo computer with a OEM Windows 7. I recently formatted the hard drive and install WINDOWS 10. The OEM activation key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andres472, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Andres472 Win User

OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation

Dear Community,

I have a Lenovo computer with a OEM Windows 7. I recently formatted the hard drive and install WINDOWS 10. The OEM activation key automatically validate the newly installed version. Can someone tell me if this is a valid method to upgrade?

Thanks for your help

:)

Andres472, Oct 21, 2020
  2. jsalpha2 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Oct 21, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation - Similar Threads - OEM digital activation

2. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  3. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  4. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?: Im building a new pc and I have an old laptop with windows 7 oem licence. As far as I know it’s still possible to upgrade from 7 to 10 for free but is it possible to use the laptops activation key to activate windows on the new pc? If not, is there some other way to utilize...
  6. Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM?

Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM?: I want to completely format my old PC and reinstall Windows. According to ShowKey Plus it has Windows 7 OEM key in firmware, does this mean that when I reinstall Windows 10 it will automatically activate using this key, if not is there any way to activate this without buying...
  7. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10

Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10: Hi, I installed 64-bit Windows 10 on my tablet Acer under the likely naïve expectation that this was supported and that I'd be able to enter my OEM product key during installation. The Acer was previously running 32-bit Windows 7 so I had to go through the full...
  8. Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?: Greetings. I have a question regarding Windows 10 activation. I have a system with a Windows 7 Pro COA, but I want to install Windows 10 via a clean install (the system is blank anyway) Can I use the key on the COA to activate Windows 10 Pro? Just wondering as the...
  9. Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?: Hi What is the difference between OEMSLP and OEM COA SLP versions? And can COA OEM keys be used to activate a fresh install of Win 10 (1511 or 1607)? Are MS activation servers still activating clean installs in Win 10 with Win 7 / 8 keys? Thanks 59384
  10. Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost: I am presently on Windows 7 Home premium. I lost the OEM Windows Disc provided with the laptop. Windows 10 Pro downloading in progress. Now I do have original windows 7 pro key which I have downloaded earlier from Dreamspark account. Will that key be sufficient to activate...