Windows 10: OEM Windows license for refurbished PC

Discus and support OEM Windows license for refurbished PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, The one computer service organisation proposed to me the "second-hand" refurbished PC with new legal Windows 10 Pro OEM license installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by topic999, Apr 8, 2021.

1. topic999 Win User

OEM Windows license for refurbished PC

Hi,

The one computer service organisation proposed to me the "second-hand" refurbished PC with new legal Windows 10 Pro OEM license installed and activated by this service organisation. The previous license on that PC was Windows 10 Home.

So this Computer Service bought "second-hand" PC not the new one, fixed it changed CPU, m/b or hard drive, activated the new OEM Windows license and wants to sell it to me as refurbished.

Can somebody tell me if this usage of Windows 10 Pro license on refurbished PC is legal for me? I have heard that OEM license can be installed to the new PCs only.

thanks.

:)

topic999, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Alex S Win User

Windows 10 Downgrade rights/ OEM eligibility of Microsoft Refurbisher License/ COA & Installation/ Activation of Windows 8.1/ 8, 7 on such machines?

Windows 10 Downgrade rights/ OEM eligibility of Microsoft Refurbisher License/ COA & Installation/ Activation of Windows 8.1/ 8, 7 on such machines?

Found a Registered/ Authorized Refurbisher (checked their name on MS website) selling a product with the following OS license.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/refurbishedpcs/buygenuine

OEM Windows license for refurbished PC HHvOF.png

PS: Based on this image from here, I think it's OEM legitimate and has the same allowances.

There is lot of information and discussion on Refurbished licenses (research links posted) and Downgrade rights, individually. But, I don't see a clear view on whether these Refurbished Licenses are equivalent to OEM and also include downgrade rights?

Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Pro downgrade rights and Windows 10 upgrade rights

Looking to provide refurbished PCs? What you need to know about the Microsoft Refurbisher Program

Device Partner Center

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/466519-microsoft-refurbisher-program

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/124055-downgrade-rights-for-windows-10-licensing-how-to

Does the Refurbished License/ COA qualify as OEM and hence have the same eligibility for Downgrade Rights?

If so, then which ISO/ Media would one need (from original OEM or Refurbisher??), how would one get the License Key/ Product Key (from Refurbisher or OEM or MS?) and install and activate such a downgrade OS on such a machine under this program?

Alex S, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Apr 8, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Is my PC refurbished or not?

Your PC is refurbished. The refurbisher license is offered to refurbishers at a reduced cost.

BulldogXX, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. OEM Windows license for refurbished PC - Similar Threads - OEM license refurbished

2. Windows OEM License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM License: Good day.Hello.I have one SSD-OLD installed on PC-OLD with Windows OEM license activated previously. I'm building a PC-NEW, and will be re-using the SSD-OLD. Hence the question: 1 Can I install SSD-OLD into PC-NEW, boot it up and then activate with a new Windows OEM license?2...
  3. Refurbished computer new OEM license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished computer new OEM license.: Hi all,I received a refurbished computer, but it came without a Windows license.Is it legal to buy an OEM license and activate it on a refurbished computer or are OEM only for newly bought computers?Is there any site or document with this information?thanks in advance....
  4. Refurbished computer new OEM license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refurbished computer new OEM license.: Hi all,I received a refurbished computer, but it came without a Windows license.Is it legal to buy an OEM license and activate it on a refurbished computer or are OEM only for newly bought computers?Is there any site or document with this information?thanks in advance....
  5. Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?: Recently I bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop off a big commercial Vendor in Guatemala. It was supposed to come with Windows 10 Professional. After the purchase I asked for the product key so that I could reinstall the system for safety reasons. I was told that this product...
  6. Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?: Recently I bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop off a big commercial Vendor in Guatemala. It was supposed to come with Windows 10 Professional. After the purchase I asked for the product key so that I could reinstall the system for safety reasons. I was told that this product...
  7. Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OEM windows licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM windows licensing: who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-windows-licensing/b4f035a1-2463-4285-a7dc-9ee516eb352e
  9. For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...

For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...: For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition can be prurchased or not for complaince point of view ? Hi Team We have purchased refubished laptops that comes with pre installed OEM windows 10 pro and windows 7 pro. when we...
  10. Windows OEM Licenses

Windows OEM Licenses: I am starting a business as a system integrator and I want to buy OEM windows 10 licenses from Microsoft and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-oem-licenses/4ed0a0a4-ba10-4c25-b96f-eaabd1ef1052"