Windows 10: OEM windows licensing

Discus and support OEM windows licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zhi_135, Jun 29, 2020.

1. zhi_135 Win User

OEM windows licensing

who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM?

:)

zhi_135, Jun 29, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jun 29, 2020
  4. OEM windows licensing

Question about OEM licenses

For an OEM license Windows, do I have to get a new Windows license everytime I upgrade the mobo? I read that it was tied to the BIOS. Thanks.

runevirage, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

OEM windows licensing

1. OEM windows licensing - Similar Threads - OEM licensing

2. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  3. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  4. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  6. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  7. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  9. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  10. Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?

Will the oem key disappear after I changed the windows license?: My Lenovo laptop is Windows 11 Home China version. I want to change the display language recently. However, It’s single-language Windows, I can’t change the language. And I want to change the license but I affraid that if I do something wrong then I will lose the oem key....