Windows 10: OEM windows licensing

Discus and support OEM windows licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zhi_135, Jun 29, 2020.

1. zhi_135 Win User

OEM windows licensing

who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM?

:)

zhi_135, Jun 29, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jun 29, 2020
  4. OEM windows licensing

Question about OEM licenses

For an OEM license Windows, do I have to get a new Windows license everytime I upgrade the mobo? I read that it was tied to the BIOS. Thanks.

runevirage, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

OEM windows licensing

1. OEM windows licensing - Similar Threads - OEM licensing

2. Move OEM license to new installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move OEM license to new installation: I have a Windows 10 Home, it came with the laptop. I'm gonna replace the SSD, and reinstall the system. I won't change anything except that (and adding 8GB additional RAM). I want to move my current license to that. Is that possible, and how? Thank you! submitted by...
  3. OEM windows licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows licensing: who do we contact for licensing windows as a manufacturer of windows-based comoputers OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-windows-licensing/cbc0b200-12da-40ec-a796-8fe3209446f9
  4. Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail): Ive spend the last 90 minutes on the phones with microsoft. They cannot tell me which license is attached to which account. I need to move the retail win10 pro to a new machine, and need to know which account and if I can. Where can I get this information? PI'd be soo...
  5. Migrating OEM license without installing windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating OEM license without installing windows?: Due to a motherboard change later this week, my Windows OEM license won't work without following the reactivation steps. I was wondering, could I do this "re-activation" process without installing Windows on a throwaway drive? If needed, can I do it after the hardware change?...
  6. How to return to OEM license? SOLVED

How to return to OEM license? SOLVED: Hi, I bought a windows 10 pro license key from ebay, my computer already had windows 10 home installed from when i purchased my computer so it had a oem license. I entered the product key for Windows 10 pro which has now locked my computer into S mode unless I purchase...
  7. How to return to OEM license?

How to return to OEM license?: Hi, I bought a windows 10 pro license key from ebay, my computer already had windows 10 home installed from when i purchased my computer so it had a oem license. I entered the product key for Windows 10 pro which has now locked my computer into S mode unless I purchase...
  8. Can I transfer ssd with Windows 10 pro OEM license to a new machine?

Can I transfer ssd with Windows 10 pro OEM license to a new machine?: I have a query, please help me. I have a new laptop where I want to install an old ssd drive with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-ssd-with-windows-10-pro-oem-license/4ba35314-9e09-4b99-8c51-7d196c1038ea
  9. Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License

Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License: Hello to all, I have a general question. Is possible to convert or upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License? I purchased my new laptop with Windows 10 Home. How can I upgrade PRO it with Volume License Key without reinstalling the system and programs? I have legal...
  10. Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license

Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license: Is the Windows 10 USB product on the microsoft store an OEM license or a Retail license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-oem-license-or-retail-license/46f89348-83e1-42ae-9596-da45958257ca