Windows 10: Oem windows on replaced motherboard

Discus and support Oem windows on replaced motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so i have a dell xps 15 9560 whose motherboard is on the verge of dying, the graphics card fried year ago but it was still running through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rahulsinha6, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Oem windows on replaced motherboard

Hi, so i have a dell xps 15 9560 whose motherboard is on the verge of dying, the graphics card fried year ago but it was still running through the onboard intel graphics somehow, and it is now too about to die off. My question is that if i get the motherboard replaced at a local parts dealer, will the oem windows still work or is there any way to transfer the oem windows?

:)

rahulsinha6, Jul 9, 2021
  2. RS_891 Win User

Reactivating Windows after replacing an OEM motherboard.

can not reactivate after replacing an oem motherboard

[Original title:
    reativating]

RS_891, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Replacing Motherboard/CPU/RAM with OEM Windows

You haven't misunderstood.

But it becomes complicated.

This was the information Microsoft worked with prior to windows 8, as prior to Windows 8 the product key was not embedded in a chip in the motherboard.

Now you have to convince Microsoft to Activate it for you.

This was the original link. Microsoft is altering/deleting links, but the information that was originally there remains the same (I copied it before the link disappeared)

Device Partner Center

Q. If my customer asks me to upgrade a PC with new hardware components, when is a new operating system needed? When would the PC be considered "new"?

A. Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer—except the motherboard—and still retain the licence for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the
    motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the licence of new operating system software is required.

If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC
    as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.

Bill Smithers, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Oem windows on replaced motherboard

Reactivating Windows after replacing an OEM motherboard.

Did your system come pre-installed with some Windows operating system?

If so, which operating system did it come pre-installed with?

If it was a pre-installed operating system, it was likely an OEM copy and thus - non-transferable to a new computer. Did the OEM themselves replace the motherboard under warranty?

Shenan Stanley, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Oem windows on replaced motherboard

1. Oem windows on replaced motherboard - Similar Threads - Oem replaced motherboard

2. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  3. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  4. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  5. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  6. Replacing Motherboard OEM built PC Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing Motherboard OEM built PC Windows 11: I recently purchased an OEM built PC With Windows11. I'm about to upgrade my mother board, but I can't get my activation key from the OEM support. I'm planning to perform a clean install using a Windows 11 boot media. I believe activation will be handled when I log into my...
  7. Replacing Motherboard OEM built PC Windows 11

Replacing Motherboard OEM built PC Windows 11: I recently purchased an OEM built PC With Windows11. I'm about to upgrade my mother board, but I can't get my activation key from the OEM support. I'm planning to perform a clean install using a Windows 11 boot media. I believe activation will be handled when I log into my...
  8. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  9. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oem windows 10 replace motherboard same model