Windows 10: Office '03 on Windows 10 update error

Discus and support Office '03 on Windows 10 update error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know Microsoft is gonna hate this, but here goes. I have Office 2003 yeah, yeah which, after some dithering on my part, I decided to try to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pan Demic, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Pan Demic Win User

Office '03 on Windows 10 update error

I know Microsoft is gonna hate this, but here goes. I have Office 2003 yeah, yeah which, after some dithering on my part, I decided to try to install on my Windows 10 laptop. It's just that 03 does all I need and I have older files in it's formats that I still need to work with. LibreOffice, despite it's claims, is not very compatible with Office files and I don't feel the need to pay for a subscription whatever happened to the good old days when you just freakin'bought a program? Now it's all subscription ****... gotta keep that revenue stream flowin'. to Office 365 for the minimal amount of document tasks that I do. Plus I'm not very smart and don't feel like tackling a new learning curve. Anywho, I installed it and it went, to my relief, surprisingly smoothly. I set compatibility modes for the programs in the Office package and all seems to be in order. It even successfully did a plethora of updates for Office. There is, however, one update which has tried to install several times but repeatedly errors out. I feel that this one update is probably redundant and/or defunct. All I want to do is remove it from the queue so that I don't constantly see it in Windows Update. The identifying info is as follows:

Update for Office 2003 KB907417 - Error 0x80096004

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

Pan Demic, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Kari Win User
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Office 2013 error

Some had the same issue. Try one of those advises:

Drone, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Office '03 on Windows 10 update error - Similar Threads - Office '03 update

2. Windows Cumulative update 2022-03

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cumulative update 2022-03: Ive had this problem 2 times before and it somehow got fixed. Idk how. And its happening again. The problem is the cumulative update installation gets stuck at 20%. Even after troubleshooting, restarting, redownloading files, restarting the windows update nothing worked. Im...
  3. Windows Cumulative update 2022-03

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cumulative update 2022-03: Ive had this problem 2 times before and it somehow got fixed. Idk how. And its happening again. The problem is the cumulative update installation gets stuck at 20%. Even after troubleshooting, restarting, redownloading files, restarting the windows update nothing worked. Im...
  4. Windows Cumulative update 2022-03

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 update error for Office 2010 Tools

Windows 10 update error for Office 2010 Tools: I installed visual studios 2010 pro with the Office tools option and installed visual studio 2019 pro demo. Rebooted and uninstalled visual studios 2010....
  6. Error 0x80073701 updating 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for...

Error 0x80073701 updating 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for...: I have tried to update my Windows 10 and keep getting the error message 0x80073701. I have tried a few of the so called fixes but can't seem to get it to install. Could anyone please help me with this? Thank you....
  7. 2019-03 Update 1809

2019-03 Update 1809: Continuing messages that 'needs restart'. Have repeatedly restarted, sat thru install process--no error message, but install apparently fails as Update keeps showing 'needs restart'. I am not savvy enough to know what to do. Have tried to work thru KB4489868 but have no idea...
  8. Office 2016 update 05/03/19?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 update 05/03/19?: Hello, I was wondering if Office 2016 Professional Plus had an update yesterday. Something change and all of my icons changed to look like Office 365. I like the old icons. I also can't find anything on Microsoft's site that shows that there was an update. I want to make...
  9. WINDOWS 10 1809 amd64 2019-03 error

WINDOWS 10 1809 amd64 2019-03 error: Also my location is not enable this is showing off and not working . please answser me what can i do ??? [ATTACH] What can i do? this message is showing again and again , i am also repair my windows but it cant help me but it's not installed [ATTACH]...
  10. uninstall office 03 after upgrading to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall office 03 after upgrading to 10: ok, got a buddy in the uk who upgraded to 10, now he wants to remove microsoft office 03 as its barely compatible with 10 and he wants to grab a more recent version of office. small problem. he cant figure out how to uninstall it. the usual suspects for enabling an uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 have old version of office works version 6.0 installed how to ppen files receied by< eil wiht nwew versionv