Windows 10: Office 2010 Local Help (e.g. Word Help) error message

Discus and support Office 2010 Local Help (e.g. Word Help) error message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just installed Office 2010 on my Windows 10 machine. Many/most of the pages of MS Word 2010 Help (Down Arrow to Right of Search/Content from this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by perdrix, Aug 29, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Office 2010 Local Help (e.g. Word Help) error message

I just installed Office 2010 on my Windows 10 machine.

Many/most of the pages of MS Word 2010 Help (Down Arrow to Right of Search/Content from this computer/Word Help) displays the irritating message:

This webpage might not be displayed correctly. The content of the webpage does not match the type specified by the server. Click here for options...
    The problem seems to apply across the entire set of Office 2010 products, not just Word, I just used Word as an example.

Grrr....

Does anyone have a solution (I use Firefox as my browser FWIW).

TIA Dave

:)

perdrix, Aug 29, 2015

2. Excel printing

Sujata,

I have tried all the suggestions to no avail:

Print error only occurs when I try to print an existing Excel document (created using Office 2010). There is no problem printing other types of Office 2010 documents, e.g., Word. Also, there is no problem printing documents created using Office 2007 -
    only existing Office 2010 Excel documents.

I have copied Excel documents to other computers, printers, and drives but still get the same errors

I have used the printer trouble shooting detection and no errors were detected.

How do I repair Office Application??

joe

JosephHirman, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Cannot delete file from the Recycle Bin

If you actually see a Help window with that message, try telling Word to retrieve help only from the local computer (use the little arrow next to the "Word Help" heading. On the other hand, if Help doesn't start at all, try repairing Office.

If neither of the above works, post back in the Office forum.

Stefan Blom, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

I use Office 2010 with my Windows 10 set up and it does not require any kind of web browser at all to run.

Rocky, Aug 29, 2015
  5. perdrix Win User
    So what to you think it's using to render the help which is in html format ...

perdrix, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    I am so sorry, that is the part of your post that is most important and the part that I missed. So I just tried what you are talking about and I immediately got connected to Office.com, through which browser I have no idea. It doesn't look like any web browser that I have on my computer, and when I went to task manager it only said that it was Office Help that was running. I have Google Chrome set as my default web browser, but for the life of me I can not tell what web browser Office Help uses.

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 2010 Local Help (e.g. Word Help) error message - Similar Threads - Office 2010 Local

2. Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message: I can't save new documents in Microsoft Word 2010. I was able to save documents last week.Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error C:\users\...\title.docxHP p683W x64 based pc Microsoft Windows 7 home premium service pack 1 7601When I open another...
  3. Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message: I can't save new documents in Microsoft Word 2010. I was able to save documents last week.Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error C:\users\...\title.docxHP p683W x64 based pc Microsoft Windows 7 home premium service pack 1 7601When I open another...
  4. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2010 uninstalled error: MS Forum 140122 Office 2010 uninstalled error I purchased a computer 15 years ago that had Office 10 installed. A few days ago I unintentionally uninstalled it. But it is still on my computer, and I want to reactivate it. When I went to reinstall, I received a message asking...
  5. No help files Office 2010 (F1)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No help files Office 2010 (F1): Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Microsoft Access Professional 2010 v 14.0.7268.5000 (64-bit) Hello If I want help files in Access 2010 pressing F1 I am getting the following error box: I have follow all the steps in this threat but nothing works...
  6. Word 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2010: Word 2010 only prints in black. How do I get it to work as before with colors too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010/8a9d6c5a-e526-4942-9159-3ec6d6d0e45f
  7. 2010 word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2010 word: I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I...
  8. Help to delete "Micosoft Office Starter 2010"???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help to delete "Micosoft Office Starter 2010"???: I'm upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, but I cannot even find "Starter" let alone delete it. It's not in the list of programs and apps. Where else would it be hiding? Thanks, Larry...
  9. Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word

Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word: Good evening to all at W10 forum. I have office 2010 on my windows 10 desktop,ZooStorm one recently bought. Now the problem is with word when I go and type a document then go to file to save as a annoying box comes on screen asking me to click yes or what ever else in on...
  10. Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide

Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide: Clean installing Windows 10 and have both Office 2010 and Office 2013 available and your thoughts on which should I use. I have been running Office 2010 on my systems and mainly basic use of Word and Excel. Also x86 or x64? Also would my files created with Office 2010 have...