Windows 10: Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue

Discus and support Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I recently added RAM to my system and as soon as I opened MS Office Professional 2010 (yes, its old, but it works for me) - I got the "Product needs to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Roxie2401, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Roxie2401 Win User

Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue

I recently added RAM to my system and as soon as I opened MS Office Professional 2010 (yes, its old, but it works for me) - I got the "Product needs to be activated" message that MS had detected a hardware change. Didn't expect that just adding RAM would cause this. When I tried either on line or telephone activation, I got a message that the Product Key was invalid. After several calls to MS, they still say the key is invalid and told me to send the information to "How to Tell" Counterfeit Software. Yes, the product says "Genuine MS" and the disk is a holographic disk, etc. and has always activated correctly. So, now I wait and wait to see what MS will do. I have a SSD and a HDD --- the SSD was cloned from the HDD originally and the MS Office worked for years on the SSD. Just for kicks, I booted to the HDD and sure enough, MS Office runs just fine and shows that it has been activated. So, since I had an image of the SSD OS Partition where MS Office is installed and was running active before the RAM upgrade, I restored that partition with Macrium. But Office still shows it needs to be activated. Even if MS is looking for a Drive ID, that didn't change either. Is there a some file or Registry entry that I can copy from the HDD to the SSD? All Microsoft seems to want is for me to buy the latest version of MS Office. I'm an old guy and don't need all the "new stuff" and besides my MS Office Pro 2010 even included Access - which the current Office 2019 does not unless you really spend $500 for everything. All I want is to figure out how to reactivate on my SSD what is over on my HDD. What I don't want to do is to boot to the HDD every time I want to open a spreadsheet, etc. If this is not on the right thread or forum, please let me know - somewhere in Windows 10 Pro (64) or MS Office or the Registry there has got to be a way to reactivate the product. Thanks

:)

Roxie2401, Jun 12, 2021

2. Error code:0x8007007B while activation of MS-Office Pro Plus 2010

One month ago, I have undergone a virus software attack leading to reset of my pc, all of my files were intact, just applications and features were removed. Then I installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, and now I am getting this notifications regarding activation key. Look at the screenshot below.

Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue 141xA.png

Then, I entered Product key, it was perfectly accepted and the and the installation process was then completed.
    Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue mwtPp.png

Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue jLmQc.png

But, then, when I relaunched the programme, it again asked me for activation Key. However times I enter and make my MS product validated, in the very next time, it always shows me that obnoxious Activation Wizard.

I have seen this discussion, none of the workarounds suggested there, worked for me. I never got an run as administrator option upon right click, which was one of the suggestions stated there.

Also, followed some discussions like this, this and this, but those are different problems.

Just the link of discussion in MS site was reasonable, but that didn't solve my problem.

Any way out?

user606852, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Microsoft office starter 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you have Microsoft Office 2010 starter installed on your computer in the past?

Mostly OEM computers come with MS office starter pack preinstalled, if you had MS office installed on the computer in the past I would suggest you to follow the steps under the section
    Uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products in the article below.

Update, repair, or uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products

Repair an Office application

Do let us know the results. feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Quickbooks Pro 2010

Hi Geo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you try to install QuickBooks pro 2010?
    • do you get any error message or error code?
    This issue may arise due to incompatibility of program with Windows 10.
    I suggest you to try installing QuickBooks pro 2010 exe file in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the QuickBooks pro 2010 exe setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Office 2010 Pro Re-Activation Issue - Similar Threads - Office 2010 Pro

2. Office 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010: I bought office 2010 and installed it on my laptop. How do I share it with my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/2d42e713-e379-446f-99d8-d663a6671622
  3. Office 2010

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 2010: Hi guys, I have a problem. I have to restore a pc but i have office 2010 installed in that computer. Logically I do not want to lose it but I do not know how to prevent that from happening. If someone could help me I would be very grateful. Thank you very much submitted by...
  4. office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office 2010: Hi, I want to install online office 2010 on my computer. Pay one time. Can I do this today? If yes, through which procedure? Thanx Rosemarie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/1626eb65-af13-4c78-84d4-8b6e7572643c"
  5. office 2010

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    office 2010: After a reset of windows 10 I lost many apps. Microsoft Office 2010, Excel 2010 & Power Point 2010. If I can find the same version will it be supported by windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/54c65a2f-beeb-4b84-99ab-7fb74c5fae9d"
  6. Office 2010 Re-install question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 Re-install question: Hi All, I have an old laptop that needs replacing. It runs windows 10 home and also has Office 2010 installed. Office 2010 came with a 3 install license and the last install was on this computer. After I get my new laptop, I would like to reinstall office 2010 on it. Q: how...
  7. Office 2010: maximum number of permitted activations

Office 2010: maximum number of permitted activations: . I have Office 2010 with Win 10 Pro. I used Macrium V7 to transfer a system image from one laptop to another. When I try to use Office, I get message saying "maximum number of permitted activations". Do I simply need to remove the license from my previous laptop? If...
  8. Office 2010

Office 2010: Hi. I have had office 2010 for a long time working okay. Today I went to use word to make a presentation with some clip art and on the right side of the word page the clipart side pane had gone, So went to the top bar and selected clipart and yes it came back. Did what I...
  9. Office 2010

Office 2010: Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy was not valid. transferred to a real person. He had me read the Key three times to him and then told me to go to...
  10. Office 2010

Office 2010: Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and when I try to choose a app to open them excel is not listed. I need these files, anyone got ideas. Thanks. 55046

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft office 2010 professional