Windows 10: Office 2010 scripted uninstall question

Discus and support Office 2010 scripted uninstall question in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am trying to get an uninstall script to work for Office Std 2010 x64, and I am running into an issue. For starters, here's the script I have:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by musik779, Aug 6, 2017.

1. musik779 Win User

Office 2010 scripted uninstall question

I am trying to get an uninstall script to work for Office Std 2010 x64, and I am running into an issue.
    For starters, here's the script I have:
    Code: Start /wait "\\PATH\Setup.exe" /config "\\PATH\Uninstall.xml" /uninstall Standard[/quote] I believe this will work without the "Start /wait" portion, but I need that part in the script, as this is part of a larger script, and I need the parent script to wait for this to complete before proceeding. Everything after "/wait" should be referenced as a switch for the setup.exe file, but it appears that the "Start" command is seeing "/config" as one of it's switches, which then errors out because "Start" doesn't have a "/config" switch.

Strangely enough, this same script works fine when I point it to the Office Std 2010 x86 setup file, so I'm not sure what the problem is. If this were in Powershell, I would try putting everything after "/wait" in a script block so it knows to process that portion separately, but I am not sure how to do that in a batch script.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

:)

musik779, Aug 6, 2017
  2. StPeteFL Win User

Windows 10 Office 2010

My question just the opposite of most questions concerning Office 2010 and Windows 10. Most of those questions deal with Office 2010 after upgrading an existing system to Windows 10. Mine is the opposite: You have a new computer with Windows 10 installed
    and Office 365 trial and apps installed. I have Office 2010 Pro. I would like to install Office 2010 Pro on the new computer. Question is: Should Office 365 trial and apps be removed or uninstalled prior to installing Office 2010? What is the correct procedure
    for installing Office 2010 in this type of situation?

Thanks.

StPeteFL, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Office update has made my games lag

Ok, a couple of weeks ago windows 10 did some updates and I found I had lag in all of my games.

It isn't my ping, it isn't my hardware, I spent a whole day updating drivers, reading forums,

none of it helped. I finally decided to uninstall some office 2010 updates, there was a huge

list of them, took quite a while to uninstall them individually.

Bingo, my games were running fine again.

Windows 10 in its wisdom decided to install them all again, games are lagging again.

So while individually uninstalling the updates I just decided to uninstall office 2010

completely. There was still a list of maybe 20 office updates that I hadn't yet uninstalled.

So I uninstall office, went back to the updates list to delete the office updates and they

had disappeared from the list.

So now I have no way of finding them. I found this script which reveals the updates:

wmic qfe get "HotFixID" /format:table

That script does not display a comprehensive list of every update that was ever installed.

I have a feeling it was a powerpoint update that caused the lag problem, not too sure though.

So my question is, is there a way to completely remove all windows updates that were ever

installed on my machine. I really don't want to have to reset the machine and lose all of my

installed programs, I'd just like to remove all windows updates, is this possible?

Thanks in advance Office 2010 scripted uninstall question :)

simonbond007, Aug 6, 2017
  4. Superfly Win User

Try enclosing everything after wait in single quotes
    Code: Start /wait '"\\PATH\Setup.exe" /config "\\PATH\Uninstall.xml" /uninstall Standard'[/quote] I'm assuming you have spaces in the path thus the double quotes...

Superfly, Aug 6, 2017
  5. musik779 Win User
    I'm assuming you have spaces in the the path thus the double quotes...[/quote] That's correct.

musik779, Aug 6, 2017
  6. musik779 Win User
    I removed the "Start /wait" portion and tested once more, and that seems to work fine, and the parent script still waits for this portion to complete. I thought I tested this unsuccessfully last week, but I must be mistaken. Sorry for the false alarm.

musik779, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 2010 scripted uninstall question - Similar Threads - Office 2010 scripted

2. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2010 uninstalled error: MS Forum 140122 Office 2010 uninstalled error I purchased a computer 15 years ago that had Office 10 installed. A few days ago I unintentionally uninstalled it. But it is still on my computer, and I want to reactivate it. When I went to reinstall, I received a message asking...
  3. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2010 uninstalled error: MS Forum 140122 Office 2010 uninstalled error I purchased a computer 15 years ago that had Office 10 installed. A few days ago I unintentionally uninstalled it. But it is still on my computer, and I want to reactivate it. When I went to reinstall, I received a message asking...
  4. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Office 2010 related question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Office 2010 related question.: I had Windows 8.1 on my laptop with MS Office 2010 installed and activated. I inovated the 8.1 to the latest Win 10 release and then switched the old disk for an SSD and installed Win 10 on it that got digitally activated later on. I had saved the Office 2010 key before doing...
  6. office 2010

office 2010: Hi, I want to install online office 2010 on my computer. Pay one time. Can I do this today? If yes, through which procedure? Thanx Rosemarie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/1626eb65-af13-4c78-84d4-8b6e7572643c"
  7. Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Uninstalling Office 2010 Completely before Upgrading: 'Morning Folks! *Smile :: My old Office 2010 Professional installed from CD on my new computer with no problem, but I found my key didn't travel from my old computer. Since my old one crashed, I didn't have the opportunity to ask MS to assist moving the SW to my new machine....
  8. Office 2010 Re-install question

Office 2010 Re-install question: Hi All, I have an old laptop that needs replacing. It runs windows 10 home and also has Office 2010 installed. Office 2010 came with a 3 install license and the last install was on this computer. After I get my new laptop, I would like to reinstall office 2010 on it. Q: how...
  9. Office 2010 upgrade offered although uninstalled.

Office 2010 upgrade offered although uninstalled.: I get upgrades offered for Office 2010 although I have Office 2016 installed. There are registry keys for older versions but don't know if it's safe to delete. 24835
  10. Office 2010

Office 2010: Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy was not valid. transferred to a real person. He had me read the Key three times to him and then told me to go to...