Windows 10: Office 2010

Discus and support Office 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bluestringer, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Office 2010

Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and when I try to choose a app to open them excel is not listed. I need these files, anyone got ideas. Thanks.

:)

bluestringer, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Office Starter 2010 and Windows 10

Office 2010 Starter is Office 2010. Office 2010 works on Windows 10.

Entegy, Jul 1, 2016
  3. StPeteFL Win User
    Windows 10 Office 2010

My question just the opposite of most questions concerning Office 2010 and Windows 10. Most of those questions deal with Office 2010 after upgrading an existing system to Windows 10. Mine is the opposite: You have a new computer with Windows 10 installed
    and Office 365 trial and apps installed. I have Office 2010 Pro. I would like to install Office 2010 Pro on the new computer. Question is: Should Office 365 trial and apps be removed or uninstalled prior to installing Office 2010? What is the correct procedure
    for installing Office 2010 in this type of situation?

Thanks.

StPeteFL, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Office 2010

control panel - default programs - associate a file type

Attachment 87904

Kyhi, Jul 1, 2016
  5. Yes, but it doesn't give me excel as an option. It is defaulted to office 2010.

bluestringer, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    repair install office 2010

Kyhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 2010

1. Office 2010 - Similar Threads - Office 2010

2. Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash: This is more of a statement. In Microsoft's illustrious vision for it's Office users, they have decided on an All-or-Nothing approach. Microsoft software techs have removed our ability to remove the junk programs from their software, like OneDrive, SkyDrive, Groove, and Clip...
  3. Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash: This is more of a statement. In Microsoft's illustrious vision for it's Office users, they have decided on an All-or-Nothing approach. Microsoft software techs have removed our ability to remove the junk programs from their software, like OneDrive, SkyDrive, Groove, and Clip...
  4. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  5. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  6. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010: Microsoft per se doesn't really offer any help anymore. Paragraphs written although explain things, but questions come up in the reading that cannot be answered because there is no "back & forth" as on Community, so thank you for your efforts to help people kinda like on a...
  8. What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010

What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010: Microsoft per se doesn't really offer any help anymore. Paragraphs written although explain things, but questions come up in the reading that cannot be answered because there is no "back & forth" as on Community, so thank you for your efforts to help people kinda like on a...
  9. What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why won't my office 2010 Start?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't my office 2010 Start?: Greetings. Re: Dimensions E521, Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. I want to install my 2010 Office Adcademic version on my computer. I put the CD into the tray, close it, the light blinks a few times and that's it, nothing happens, nothing shows on the screen and that's it. I have the...