Windows 10: Office 2010

Discus and support Office 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by shipinomore10, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Office 2010

Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy was not valid. transferred to a real person. He had me read the Key three times to him and then told me to go to Microsoft.com/howtotell. All I got out of this site was how to look at the package and tell if the software is genuine. With all the install reinstall and being an insider and done many installs with the same cd I am now at a loss as to what I can do. I purchased this some years ago thru the Military and it has never failed until today.
    anyone can you help me prove to someone that this key is genuine?
    Thanks
    shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Apr 2, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Office Starter 2010 and Windows 10

Office 2010 Starter is Office 2010. Office 2010 works on Windows 10.

Entegy, Apr 2, 2016
  3. StPeteFL Win User
    Windows 10 Office 2010

My question just the opposite of most questions concerning Office 2010 and Windows 10. Most of those questions deal with Office 2010 after upgrading an existing system to Windows 10. Mine is the opposite: You have a new computer with Windows 10 installed
    and Office 365 trial and apps installed. I have Office 2010 Pro. I would like to install Office 2010 Pro on the new computer. Question is: Should Office 365 trial and apps be removed or uninstalled prior to installing Office 2010? What is the correct procedure
    for installing Office 2010 in this type of situation?

Thanks.

StPeteFL, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Office 2010

How many times have you installed the Office? Office only lets you install twice. *Smile After that, it is mostly useless, unless you do the calling in and request off of one of your computers that failed or something. *Smile Hope this helps you any.

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Do you have documented article to substantiate that claim ?
    I have had reinstalled my Office 2007 in the same computer at least 6 times. It never refuses to activate.

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  6. Hi davidhk yes I have installed both 2007 and 2010 dozens of times over the years and on some occasions I have had to call the 800 number. this is the first time I have been referred to the microsoft website and it doesn't give you any help.
    the box said it was for 3 machines. It is authentic.
    they don't seem to have a method where you can uninstall the key when you have problems with the OS and you are going to re install.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 2, 2016
  7. Oh, just read my post again, I meant to say "activate", it will only let you activate office only twice. Totally my bad on my part, it was 12 in the morning, I was tired *Wink

8. davidhk Win User

Office 2010

Please read my response post #3.
    .............I have had reinstalled my Office 2007 in the same computer at least 6 times. It never refuses to activate.

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  9. I did, I was going off my experiences, but anyway WWWHHHATTT???? *Eek I did not know that! Does 2013 and 2016 do the same? *Smile

10. davidhk Win User
    Frequently asked questions about the Office Activation Wizard
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/927921
    excerpt :
    Q17: How many installations can be performed with one license agreement? Can I install the product on my portable computer and on my desktop computer? How many times can I reinstall the product and still be able to activate it?

Click here to view or hide the answer
    A17: The goal of product activation is to reduce a form of piracy known as "casual copying" or "softlifting." Casual copying is a form of piracy that is characterized by the sharing of software between people in a way that infringes on the Microsoft Software License Terms. For example, Windows XP is primarily licensed for use on a single computer and cannot be installed on other computers without buying additional licenses. If someone were to obtain a copy of Windows XP and load it on his or her computer, and then share it with a second person who loaded it on his or her computer, they would be guilty of casual copying.

Most licenses allow for software to be re-installed and activated on the same computer an unlimited number of times. To make sure that you are using your license correctly, please see your Microsoft Software License Terms or product use rights for more information on a specific product.

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  11. Ah, thanks for that, that helps me a lot! *Biggrin

But I don't get it, then why didn't my Office 2010 activate on a laptop, that had on there, that I had reinstalled?(because of something that screwed it up) I had the activation pop up saying that it wasn't successful even though I was connected to the internet at the time. Anyway, I don't real care for it anymore since that laptop is no longer. I just bought 2013 Pro Plus and 2016 Pro Plus and have 2016 Pro Plus on my system right now and I am happy will it, that's all that matters, is that it is working and functioning correctly *Smile I also had the Office 2010 Pro Plus --> But don't use it anymore since the key doesn't work *Sad

Thanks again! *Biggrin

12. Hi davidhk Well I wasn't able to resolve my problem with the suggestions in a17 however I found a link in that site that took me to microsoft support and he said they had me blocked. I explained everything to him and how the software was ligit and he gave me a new key and installed it as I was on a remote desktop with him and now everything works great. he also told me the key would work on reinstalls etc.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 4, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Office 2010

Wonderful.
    You are back in business.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2016
  14. It is possible you are using a different type of key. Besides, Office 2007 had volume license keys that didn't need to connect online to activate. You are comparing apples to oranges.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Mine is a retail copy Office 2007 Home and Student, bought from Walmart.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

Office 2010

1. Office 2010 - Similar Threads - Office 2010

2. Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform: Good morning/afternoon/night everyone who's reading this. I'm having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 currently; it won't open in any way and attempts to configure Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 before revealing an 1920 Error which relates to a OSPPSVC.EXE error....
  3. Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform: Good morning/afternoon/night everyone who's reading this. I'm having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 currently; it won't open in any way and attempts to configure Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 before revealing an 1920 Error which relates to a OSPPSVC.EXE error....
  4. Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash: This is more of a statement. In Microsoft's illustrious vision for it's Office users, they have decided on an All-or-Nothing approach. Microsoft software techs have removed our ability to remove the junk programs from their software, like OneDrive, SkyDrive, Groove, and Clip...
  5. Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash

Microsoft Office _ all version after 2010 BLOAT/Crash: This is more of a statement. In Microsoft's illustrious vision for it's Office users, they have decided on an All-or-Nothing approach. Microsoft software techs have removed our ability to remove the junk programs from their software, like OneDrive, SkyDrive, Groove, and Clip...
  6. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  7. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...: Hi. My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has disappeared from my computer. Tried several times to recover/restore it without sucess. . System will not accept my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The email address registered with Microsoft is...
  8. Cant access my microsoft Office 2010 Word, Excel etc forgot password and not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010: Microsoft per se doesn't really offer any help anymore. Paragraphs written although explain things, but questions come up in the reading that cannot be answered because there is no "back & forth" as on Community, so thank you for your efforts to help people kinda like on a...
  10. What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010

What do I do after I hit "paste all" in Office Clipboard 2010: Microsoft per se doesn't really offer any help anymore. Paragraphs written although explain things, but questions come up in the reading that cannot be answered because there is no "back & forth" as on Community, so thank you for your efforts to help people kinda like on a...