Windows 10: Office 2013 error message: Op System is not configured to run this app

Discus and support Office 2013 error message: Op System is not configured to run this app in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to help my parents through an issue that appeared last evening. When trying to launch an application in Office 2013 the following... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mld218, Mar 27, 2017.

1. mld218 Win User

Office 2013 error message: Op System is not configured to run this app

Hello,

I am trying to help my parents through an issue that appeared last evening. When trying to launch an application in Office 2013 the following error message appeared "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"

Office 2013 was installed on their computer back in August and had been working fine until last evening. I did some digging on the microsoft site and tried the online repair of office 2013 but the error still remained. In addition, I tried uninstalling Office 2013 and reinstalling the app but that didn't fix the problem either. As of now, windows thinks Office 2013 is installed because it is sitting in the Programs and Features section, but there are no active icons and windows will not let me uninstall through Programs and Features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this, or any next steps to try.

Thanks
    Mike

:)

mld218, Mar 27, 2017

2. A look at running older versions of Microsoft Office on Windows 10

The Error message:

"the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"

keeps coming up.

going to the setup file and clicking properties > compatibility . run as administrator

with compatibility UNclicked reinstalls the Office 2013 application but the error message still comes up.

KathyThrift, Mar 27, 2017
  3. mvpgmp Win User
    Windows 10 Operating System Error when loading Office 2013

I installed a new computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to install office 2013. Everything seems to install fine until I try to open Word, Excel or any other app. I then receive a message that says - The operating System is not presently configured
    to run this application. I have another computer with Windows 10 and Office 2013 and it works fine. Any suggestions?

mvpgmp, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Office 2013 error message: Op System is not configured to run this app

Hi mld218. Welcome to the TenForums @mld218

I would give this tool a try to completely remove Office. It is a Microsoft tool. My hope is it will get components being left behind by the standard Program Uninstall.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-or-office-365

If that fails you could also try Revo Uninstaller downloaded from their site.

I would create a restore point and I would create an Image. Macrium Reflect is recommended. It free, reliable and we have a tutorial in the forum. It is a tool worth having and using.

( I would have suggested system restore but given the uninstalls and installs not exectly sure what state the program files are in.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  5. mld218 Win User
    Ken,

Thank you for the suggestion, I forgot to mention that I did try the microsoft removal tool as well, and then once I reinstalled I still ended up with the same original error message.

I'll give the Revo uninstaller a shot and go from there. I'll report back once I try Revo.

Thanks
    Mike

mld218, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 2013 error message: Op System is not configured to run this app

1. Office 2013 error message: Op System is not configured to run this app - Similar Threads - Office 2013 error

2. Office 2013 does it run on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 does it run on Windows 11?: I am retired and need a new Surface laptop as battery runs down faster these days - I can manage this cost of new device but not monthly fees for Office products as well.I'm a basic, minimal user, and not a gamer.Any help will be appreciated - thanksPS - I know I cannot run...
  3. Office 2013 does it run on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Office 2013 does it run on Windows 11?: I am retired and need a new Surface laptop as battery runs down faster these days - I can manage this cost of new device but not monthly fees for Office products as well.I'm a basic, minimal user, and not a gamer.Any help will be appreciated - thanksPS - I know I cannot run...
  4. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  5. Timeline office 2013 apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Timeline office 2013 apps: Hello All, trying to figure out if there's something wrong to fix or it is just the way it works. basically in my private PC i usually login with a local account, Timeline just shows chrome page visited. I can't see any office doc, xls or ppt i have opened, that would be much...
  6. Microsoft office professional plus 2013 configures error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft office professional plus 2013 configures error: How to fix the pop up when open Microsoft word 2013 professional plus "please wait wile windows configures Microsoft professional plus 2013"...
  7. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  8. Error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...: Computer had a windows update when I closed down last night and after starting up today I'm getting this error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when I try to start MS Office applications. I can see that there have been other...
  9. "The operating system is not presently configured to run this app"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The operating system is not presently configured to run this app": Since the 14332 Update I occasionally see an "error" dialog open on my desktop stating "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application". I call on the fellow members to see if they have ever seen this one before. It is absolutely a new one on me. As...
  10. office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is not configured to run this app

2. office 2013 not configured

3. the operating system is not configured to run this app