Windows 10: office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial

Discus and support office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; office 2013 stopped working after install free trial office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimD2, May 9, 2020.

1. JimD2 Win User

office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial

office 2013 stopped working after install free trial office 365

:)

JimD2, May 9, 2020

2. office 365 vs office 2013

my Microsoft surface came with 1 month trial of ms office 365 , now it's expired.now I wanna know if I she subscribe to office 365 or uninstall it & install office 2013. what's the difference between both?

freebird_9924, May 9, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    office 365 vs office 2013

They are the same, 365 has less money making schemes, but dumps everything on the cloud.
    365 is online, 2013 is 100% offline.
    Also 365 will cost more in the longrun, especially if you dont upgrade for 3 years.

RCoon, May 9, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Office 2013 a.k.a Office 365 question

Office 2013 and Office 365 are not the same thing.
    Office 2013 is the traditional local install (stand alone).
    Office 365 is a cloud service that allows access to the Office 2013 application in the form of web apps. If you only have Office 365 it appears that you would need a constant internet connection as it uses "click-to-run" (application streaming) technology.
    The information is a little sketchy, but it looks like you can have it on 5 devices (with the ability to switch devices if needed) and up to 5 users who can access it on any of the 5 devices.
    Each user needs a MS account, so yes, your mom would have to have internet access to use it on her device (which would be one of the 5 total devices).

I think you may be able to store the files locally, but you would still need the internet to have access to the application.

My recommendation would be to try the preview so you know for sure what it will do for you. It can always be deleted if it does not work well for you. Remember also, that if you use it and do not eventually buy a subscription ($100/year) your cloud data will be deleted and will be unrecoverable.

$100 a year for 5 devices and 5 users and never having to worry about updating the application (it's in the cloud) is a very good deal in my opinion. I've used some of the Office 2010 web apps (with SkyDrive) and they worked very well for me.

Kreij, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial - Similar Threads - office 2013 stopped

2. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  3. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  4. Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete: Office 365 / Microsoft 365 Services SaaSRecently we tried the Advanced Communication License with Office 365 that works with our VoIP we use with Teams.We were trying to test the features and found that we could not find them anywhere. We contacted support and they too could...
  5. Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete: Office 365 / Microsoft 365 Services SaaSRecently we tried the Advanced Communication License with Office 365 that works with our VoIP we use with Teams.We were trying to test the features and found that we could not find them anywhere. We contacted support and they too could...
  6. Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Microsoft Office 365 trial

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 trial: A short time ago I signed up for a free trial of Microsoft office 365. I canceled it before the trial was up. I just recently went into my files to get some financial information. Unbeknownst to me, my pdf/hard copies of my files have been changed to outlook/xhtml files...
  8. Ms must be getting desperate Free Office/365 trials

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Ms must be getting desperate Free Office/365 trials: Hi folks Have had a flood of messages from Ms (email etc) begging me to take a "Free Month's trial of Office/365". I'm happy with the "heavily discounted" version of Office 2019 I have -- seems that their subscription model isn't generating them as much cash as they hoped...
  9. Reverting to Office 2013/365

Reverting to Office 2013/365: Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way, through Office 365, to roll back to Office 2013? The only install option I have in our corporate account is Office 2016, and I am not ready to roll that out to my staff. 23782
  10. Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall

Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall: Tried Office 365 on a trial basis. Cancelled the option to continue after 30 days. Uninstalled Office 365 and it seemed normal and when finished asked me to restart so that MS could "tidy" up a bit. Did that, but all the programs, word, excel etc remain on the start menu and...