Windows 10: Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Discus and support Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Nov 3, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Hi folks

If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from .

INBOX Mail is OK on all machines

Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible.

Outlook 2010 works correctly in every instance !!!!, I've only had these problems after they switched Outlook 2016/2019 to the Click to Run versions with that wretched auto config thing even though I did set up the servers manually via the app in the control panel.

I'm actually checking very carefully now what I need the latest versions of Office for -- OUTLOOK (and the rest of the Office 2010 suite) seem to just work correctly every time and I believe it's still supported until 2020.

I don't need all that "Team work" and Office collaboration stuff -- SKYPE is just fine.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Office 2019 -- Black theme is back - But Outlook still auto config

Hi folks

Office 2019 -- nice black theme is back (could never get it to work on my 2016 version)

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP [​IMG]

But that wretched auto config for email accounts is still there -- for manual stuff go into control panel -- it's still labelled Mail (outlook 2016) !!

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP [​IMG]

I'm testing this on latest skippy too.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 3, 2018
  4. billpool Win User

Office 2016 & Outlook 2016

I've bought OFFICE 2016 yesterday and OUTLOOK 2016 this morning biggest problem now is setting outlook

to work with my Hotmail and my GMAIL accounts. Hard to believe that the W10 Mail program w only works pretty much automatically with both but Outlook 2016 requires hand holding to hook up to GMAIL.

I am searching for the required settings to interface to Gmail. I'm pretty sure i'll find the right settings for IMAP RSN.

billpool, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP - Similar Threads - Office 2016 2019

2. Office 2019 outlook will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2019 outlook will not open: Had to reinstall Office 2019 file were corrupted after reinstalling Office 2019 Outlook is looking for files that were corrupted and removed. How do I start a new Data base for 2019 Outlook...
  3. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  4. Outlook Office 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Office 2019: If Outlook Office 2019 will even open for me, it gives me a error message regarding the trusted certificate. I can not get any of the tabs to work- the File tab will not open. Can anyone help me with this? I just did the Windows update last night and having issues today...
  5. Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap

Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap: Hi there seem to have a really strange thing with Outlook 2019 On a machine running Windows as a VM I have my email domain saying that i have zero emails in the spam folder . That's fine and should normally be fine. Now if I logoff and re-boot into Windows as the HOST...
  6. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

in Cortana
    Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019: A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any results. We know about rebuilding search database, but the issue happens very frequently, so we have had to disable cached mode in...
  7. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  8. outlook in office 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook in office 2019: ik heb via mijn werkgever office 2019 kunnen aanschaffen en na installatie kan ik via outlook geen mails ontvangen verzenden. Ik ben verbonden met het internet want een oude mail kan ik openen. Ik werk met windows 10. Wat kan ik hieraan doen??? Alle hulp is welkom...
  9. Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!: Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar reminder recurrences not working! I have tried all the ways proposed on the net so far found and checked all the option settings and when it did not work with Office 2016 I loaded Office 2019 and it still did not work (Show reminders) I...
  10. Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail: I have a Gmail account. I keep failing for a month now (except for a fleeting few days) to connect Outlook 2016 via IMAP to Gmail. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 2 two months ago. I had Office 2007. POP email kept working fine. However, a month ago, the perplexing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorry we could not sign you into google imap

2. outlook we could not log on to incoming imap

3. sorry we could not sign you in to google - imap

4. sorry we could not sign you in to google imap,
  5. outlook could not log on to the imap server,
  6. outlook could not log into imap server,
  7. outlook sorry we could not sign you into google imap,
  8. outlook 2019 sorry we cannot sign in to google imap,
  9. office 2019 imap,
  10. outlook 365 could not log on to the imap server,
  11. outlook could not sign you into google imap,