Windows 10: Office 2016 crashing when trying to access SENT

Discus and support Office 2016 crashing when trying to access SENT in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My Office 2016 crashed whenever i try to look inside the SENT. I did boot up in outlook.exe /safe, it seems ok and can be accessible. I try to look... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by miriboy, Feb 13, 2020.

1. miriboy Win User

Office 2016 crashing when trying to access SENT

My Office 2016 crashed whenever i try to look inside the SENT.
    I did boot up in outlook.exe /safe, it seems ok and can be accessible.
    I try to look into the Manage Add-Ons, all seems ok

Please advise

:)

miriboy, Feb 13, 2020

2. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Office 2016 crashes.

fix for

office 2016 crashes

DouglasSmall, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Office 2016 crashing when trying to access SENT

Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Office 2016 crashing when trying to access SENT

1. Office 2016 crashing when trying to access SENT - Similar Threads - Office 2016 crashing

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  5. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  6. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  7. Trying to Download Excel Template for Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trying to Download Excel Template for Office 2016: Hello all, I cannot download a template for Excel using Office 2016. When online I keep getting directed to Office 365. Only six templates appear on my Excel new page and the cursor will not go into the search bar on that page to get online. Do you know where I can find the...
  8. office 2016 crashing since last office and win10 update

office 2016 crashing since last office and win10 update: I have office 2016 and windows 10 on both my desktop and laptop. I have just installed the lastest Win10 update and office update when prompted in the last few days. Today I noticed that in outlook, if I click on a calendar invitation outlook just closes. This happens on both...
  9. Office Outlook 2016 Restarting when trying to sync with outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    Office Outlook 2016 Restarting when trying to sync with outlook.com: I have used my Office Outlook 2016 syncing with my Msn.com email for years, and as of 10/12/16, my outlook started to have issues. Nothing I did on the outlook synced up with the online emails nor anything that attacked that account (my iPad/iPhone) but whatever I did on...
  10. Office 2016

Office 2016: Can you run office 2016 32 bit on a windows 10 64 bit machine like in windows 7? Is office 2016 a stand alone like office 2013? Thanks Z 26758