Windows 10: Office 2016 (Home and Student)

Discus and support Office 2016 (Home and Student) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by leosantare, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Office 2016 (Home and Student)

Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the other entry, the icon is tiny in size.

Also why do all (4) programs for Office 2016 appear tiny in size in the control panel?

I just installed my Office 2016 Home and Student. I went on the internet, logged into my Microsoft account, went to my subscriptions/services and installed my Office 2016. Note, I selected options and then selected to create an offline installer that is 64 bit. After the download, I installed office 2016 and activated it with my product key.

I only signed into my Microsoft account when I went on the internet, in order to download the offline installer. Meaning, I'm not required to sign in to my Microsoft account to use Excel, Power Point, One Note and Word.

:)

leosantare, Dec 14, 2020
  2. DonnaMac1 Win User

reinstalling microsoft office home and student 2016

My laptop crashed and I had to wipe it clear and reinstall Windows 10, I had purchased office home and student 2016 and in the Microsoft store it lists that this program is installed on my laptop, but I can not reinstall the program now.

I do not need the upgraded office product and would just like to reinstall my program

any help would be appreciated thxs

DonnaMac1, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Office Home & Student 2016 not working

Hi,

I purchased this laptop in Jan'18 for my daughter who is a student. Have bill. Laptop had pre-loaded
    Office Home & Student 2016. She suffered a hard disk crash recently and got it replaced. Now when she is trying to use her Office it is asking for product key. What do we do now ?

SugataDatta1, Dec 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Office 2016 (Home and Student)

Office home and student 2016

Hi Janine

If Office is linked to your Office.com account, then you no longer can or need to use that Product key, please try this method:

Go to Office 365 Login | Microsoft Office and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in

On that page, do you see your Office 2016 licence listed?

If so, click Install on that page.

Then, if you encounter any issues with activation on the new computer, use the steps on this page:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/activa...

DaveM121, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Office 2016 (Home and Student)

1. Office 2016 (Home and Student) - Similar Threads - Office 2016 Home

2. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016: I have Office Home & Student 2016 and today I cannot save or print any Excel worksheet. Today at the top of the page it asks me to Activate 365. I don't use 365 & want to stay with my version. Does anyone else have an issue saving a file or printing a file ?...
  3. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016: I have Office Home & Student 2016 and today I cannot save or print any Excel worksheet. Today at the top of the page it asks me to Activate 365. I don't use 365 & want to stay with my version. Does anyone else have an issue saving a file or printing a file ?...
  4. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  5. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  6. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Office Home & Student 2016 not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Home & Student 2016 not working: Hi, I purchased this laptop in Jan'18 for my daughter who is a student. Have bill. Laptop had pre-loadedOffice Home & Student 2016. She suffered a hard disk crash recently and got it replaced. Now when she is trying to use her Office it is asking for product key. What do we...
  8. reinstalling microsoft office home and student 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling microsoft office home and student 2016: My laptop crashed and I had to wipe it clear and reinstall Windows 10, I had purchased office home and student 2016 and in the Microsoft store it lists that this program is installed on my laptop, but I can not reinstall the program now. I do not need the upgraded office...
  9. Excel In Office Home & Student 2016 Global Changes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel In Office Home & Student 2016 Global Changes: Between yesterday and this morning something's changed. Previous settings for ALL workbooks had Page Setup/Sheet Tab configured to print Gridlines and NOT the Row and column headings for all the spreadsheets in all workbooks. The opposite of what's displayed. [img] As of...
  10. Is Outlook Part Of Office Home & Student 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is Outlook Part Of Office Home & Student 2016: Thread tells it all. Forgive what's a simple question. I do appreciate the comments. 101926